Tuesday evening, we went to McDonald's for supper. Then Alvin headed to work, and the kids and I headed to the circus at the Jasper Armory, with Danny, Nettie, and Lance. They have a circus there every year over Spring break. It's a small one, but the kids like it. This was Easton's first time going to a circus, so I didn't know how he would do. He did great, and seemed to really like it! He watched the entire show, pointing, laughing, and clapping. I'll be honest, I was a little surprised because I thought I would have to keep telling him to sit down. Owen and Avari said that they really liked the circus too. They really liked it when Aunt Nettie bought them all cotton candy. : )
Wednesday morning, Lindsey, Jillian, and Colson came over to play and visit. We haven't seen them in awhile, so the kids had a lot of fun playing with them. They ate lunch with us, before heading home. It was nice getting to catch up with Lindsey, while the kids played.
Thursday evening, the kids and I went to my parents house. so my mom could give Owen and Easton haircuts before Easter. It's so funny because Owen used to HATE getting his hair cut! I mean we practically had to hold him down, just to let my mom trim it. Now, as soon as it barely gets over his ears, he's wanting his hair cut. I'm not complaining, it's just funny how kids change as they grow.
Thursday evening, the kids and I went to my parents house. so my mom could give Owen and Easton haircuts before Easter. It's so funny because Owen used to HATE getting his hair cut! I mean we practically had to hold him down, just to let my mom trim it. Now, as soon as it barely gets over his ears, he's wanting his hair cut. I'm not complaining, it's just funny how kids change as they grow.
Friday, I didn't have to watch any kids because it was Good Friday. A couple of weeks ago, I heard a commercial on the radio for Disney on Ice. Now, I had known for awhile that they were coming back to the Ford Center, but didn't think to look into because we took Owen and Avari last year. I just thought we would wait until Easton was a little older to go again. After hearing the commercial, I decided that we should go again this year. This year's show was called Disney's World of Fantasy, and the acts were Cars, Toy Story 3, Tinkerbell, and The Little Mermaid. If you know Avari well, you know that she has LOVED Tinkerbell and Ariel for a couple of years now, so I couldn't let her miss out! We decided to go to the Friday afternoon show, and then take the kids to GattiTown. Avari and Easton LOVED the show. Owen liked it, but wasn't nearly as into it at Avari and Easton were. Of course, Avari's favorite parts were Tinkerbell and Ariel. Easton likes Mickey Mouse right now, so he was excited every time Mickey, Minnie, Donald, and Goofy came out. Alvin and I were worried about how Easton would do for the 2 hour show, but he did great. He got a little antsy during the Toy Story 3 act, but that was the very last act, so it was understandable. Honestly, I thought that one kind of dragged on a little bit, and I was getting a little antsy too. ; )
CARS trying to getting Mickey's car (the little red one) to start again.
The Little Mermaid
Ariel and Ursella
Ariel and Prince Eric with Flounder and Sebastian
Tinkerbell with Queen Clarion
Tinkerbell with Clank and Bobble (her fellow Tinker Fairies)
Tinkerbell and Vidia (a Wind Fairy)
Tinkerbell and her Friends
Iridessa ~ a Light Fairy
Fawn ~ an Animal Fairy
Silvermist ~ a Water Fairy
Rosetta ~ a Garden Fairy
Tinkerbell and Terrence ~ the keeper of the Pixie dust (what makes the fairies fly)
The fairies of Pixie Hollow with Mickey, Minnie, Donald, and Goofy
Owen, Avari, and Easton waiting for intermission to be over.
Easton realized that the seats folded up and came down. This kept him bust for awhile. He climbed on and off of his seat for most of the Toy Story act. : )
Toy Story 3
The gang of Toy Story 3
Toy Story 3 gang with Mickey, Minnie, Donald, and Goofy
Mickey and the gang closing out the show
After the show, we headed to GattiTown. We has asked my parents if they wanted to go to GattiTown, and they met us there. We all ate, and then let the kids play some games, before heading home.
Easton loved riding the bulldozer. I think he would have spent all night here, if he had let him.
Owen, Alvin, and Papaw Ed checking put a game.
Mamaw trying to help Avari decide what game to play...it wasn't an easy decision for Avari! : )
Avari, Owen, and me riding the Frog Hopper.
Avari has ridden this ride several times, but for some reason decided she didn't want to ride it this time...after the guy had already swiped her card. He asked Avari if she would ride it, if he let me go with her. Of course she said yes! So luckily me go to go on the ride too! Haha
Easton always like the little carousel.
Between this ride and the bulldozer, I don't know which one he rode more.
It was definitely a great way to end Owen's Spring Break!




No comments:
Post a Comment