We had a great Easter, and hope everyone else did too.
Saturday we didn't have anything planned, so we hung out at home. While Alvin was at his parents' house, the kids and I decorated cookies, and colored Easter eggs. It was the first time the kids helped color Easter eggs. I told them we had to help the Easter bunny out, by coloring eggs, and setting them out side that night, so that the Easter bunny could hide them. Owen had to write a note for the Easter bunny. Unfortunately, I didn't think to get a picture of the note, but it said "Dear Easter Bunny, Please hide these eggs. Thanks." The kids really enjoyed coloring eggs. Easton even did well, and surprisingly none of his busted. I say that because he liked to drop the eggs into the cups, and then stick his hands in grab the egg and drop it in again. I think he had as much coloring on him as the eggs did. : )
Since we had Easter with Alvin's family on Palm Sunday, we spent Easter Sunday with my family. After Easter mass, we went to Ponderosa with my family for lunch. Then we headed back to my parents' house for gifts, an Easter egg hunt, and visiting. Luckily, the Easter bunny waited until the rain stopped, and it warmed up a little to hide eggs. The kids had fun hunting eggs and playing outside.
Avari with her gifts from Grandma and Grandpa
Easton with his gifts from Grandma and Grandpa
Easton with his gifts from Adam
Owen with his gifts from Grandma and Grandpa Schum
Owen with his gifts from Emily
Kenley, Easton, Avari, Adi, Owen ready to hunt some eggs
Easton was determined to get the egg that was under this bush.
If you look closely you can see it in his hand.
Schum Cousins
The best we could do, since Easton didn't want to stand still. : )
Sunday evening, I went home to get the kids some play clothes, so they could get out of their dress clothes. When I got home, I realized that the Easter bunny had made a visit to our house. Alvin brought the kids home, and they got to have one more egg hunt. After all the eggs were found, and the kids were changed into play clothes, we headed back to my parents' house for supper.
Easton found a water gun that laying in the yard, and he was done hunting eggs; Haha
Avari with her gifts from us
Easton with his gifts from us
Owen with his gifts from us




No comments:
Post a Comment