On March 2, our little girl turned 4 years old. She has grown from a sweet, quiet baby girl into a little girl full of nonstop energy and stubbornness, but we still love her very much. :) Avari surprises us every day with the new things that she learns. She can now count to 50, and can even read a few words, like "a", "I", "the", "play", "to". I'm pretty sure she learned this from listening to Owen say them (along with others) every night as school practice. She is getting better at writing her name, and her letters and numbers. She loves to "read" books, watch movies, play on the computer/tablet, do gymnastics, and sing and dance. She will talk your head off if you allow her, and will let you know if she doesn't agree with something. She is a very persistent little girl too. She won't give up, if she thinks there's at least a small chance that she will get what she wants. :) She is also very caring, and worries if she thinks someone is going to be left out (most of the time). Avari definitely keeps us on our toes, and I have a feeling that she will continue to do so. We have loved watching Avari grow into the little girl she is becoming, and we can't wait to see what other fun and interesting times she will bring into our lives.
Avari had her 4 year well child check-up on Friday. She is growing just like she should, and everything check out perfectly. Avari now weighs 39 lbs (75th percentile) and she is 43-1/4" tall (95th percentile).
Avari's birthday celebration consisted of the whole weekend, so I have divided it into two separate posts...her friends party and her family party.
On Saturday (her birthday), we headed up to the Indianapolis Children's Museum for a birthday party with the cousins and a couple of friends. My cousin, Lisa, has a little girl, Emma, who turned 4 on Feb. 8. Emma wanted her birthday party at the Children's Museum, and March 2 was the first date that worked for Lisa and Drew. Since it happened to be Avari's actual birthday, they graciously offered to let us put Avari's party with Emma's. It was very generous of them to do that, and Avari loved it! She said that she wants to do it again next year! haha :-)
It was great celebrating the girls' birthdays with the cousins, and my aunt Deb and Uncle Joe, and also Nick, Lindsey, Jillian, and Colson, who were able to make it up there. And I'm pretty sure all the kids had a blast...I know ours did. With so much to see and do, and such a big group, we weren't able to stay together the whole time, but it was still nice seeing everyone during lunch, cupcakes, and presents.
HAPPY 4th BIRTHDAY AVARI GRACE!
We let her open one present (they were in the same bag) from us before we left.
Barbie Princess and the Popstar miniature doll set and Tinkerbell and Periwinkle doll set.
Owen getting ready to race his car down the track at the Hot Wheels exhibit.
Avari racing her car.
Easton racing his car.
Avari putting decals on a car at the Hot Wheels exhibit.
Owen putting some chrome on the car.
Avari, Colson, Jillian, Addison, and Owen digging for dinosaur bones.
Easton, Gavin, Owen
Lily, Gavin, and Easton
Avari, Lily, Easton, Owen, Gavin
The best pic I could get of Owen, Avari, and Easton.
They were having too much fun.
Gavin and Owen "fighting" like dinosaurs.
Easton and Colson
Easton loved playing in the dog house.
I think I need to get one of these at home. ; )
Owen was pretending to be a dog taking a nap. Easton saw him, and did the same thing.
Avari and Emma sitting on the birthday chair, with Aubrey and Kenley.
Easton had to have a turn too. : )
HAPPY 4th BIRTHDAY AVARI and EMMA!!
For some reason, Avari was having a hard time blowing out her candles.
I don't know why because she is full of hot air. ; -p I think she was blowing up, instead of out.
I guess Emma got tired of waiting for Avari to blow them out because she decided to help you. It was so cute, and funny. : ) I'm glad Emma helped because I don't know how long it would have taken Avari. haha
Our little birthday girl!
Jillian, Colson, Avari, Emma, Aubrey, Adi
Ethan, Owen, Easton, Lily, Kenley, Gavin, Kaden
On the way home, I told Avari that if she took a nap, she could choose where we stopped to eat supper, since it was her birthday. Her original pick was McDonald's, but since they got fish McBites from there on Friday because it was "almost my birthday" (yeah she milked her birthday for all it was worth), we told her to pick somewhere else. After changing her mind about 10 times, she finally chose Burger King (yeah, I know it's no different than McDonalds, but we were tired and hungry...haha).
After we ate, we went to my parents' house because they called and said they had something for Avari, so we should stop in. Mom picked up a cake at the store, and it even had Avari's favorite colors on it...pink, purple, and green.
Avari's reaction to her surprise.
She was saying "Is that for me?!?!"
The birthday girl with Grandpa and Grandma Schum
Stay tuned for part 2. :)




No comments:
Post a Comment