Tuesday, May 15, 2012

My Mother's Day

This past weekend was filled with T-Ball, Holiday World, and spending time with our mothers.
Friday night, the kids and I went walking with Emily and the kids.  On our way back to their house, we stopped by to see Aline.  Now that she lives in town, we will be able to do that more often, on our walks.
Saturday morning, we went to Owen and Avari's t-ball game.  They are both doing really well, and seem to be having a lot fun....playing in the dirt!  Haha  Their whole team seems to like playing on the dirt, more than actually paying attention to the game, but they seem to be having fun, and at least they do pay attention when they are at first base or pitcher. : )
After the game, the kids and I made our first (of many) trip to Holiday with the Schipps, the Joneses, and Brooke and Lily, while Alvin went to Kevin and Kristin new land to help Kevin put up a fence.  We just ate lunch and rode the rides because we all thought that the water might be too cold yet.  Adam and Thad took Adi, Gavin, and Owen on some of the bigger rides, while us girls went to the smaller rides.  All the kids seemed to have a good time.  I know Owen and Avari were just glad that Holiday World was FINALLY open!  Owen also rode the Scrambler for the first time, (I couldn't convince him to ride it last year) and said that it is now his favorite ride!  Easton also made his 1st trip to Holiday World.  He really seemed to enjoy looking around and checking everything out.  He even rode a couple of the rides...check out the pictures below to see his reaction to them! ; )
Beginning of the ride....this is going to be fun!!
End of the ride...I was wrong!!
It was really funny to watch him because he would going from smiling to crying.  It was almost like he couldn't decide whether the ride was fun or scary.
I think the biggest reason he didn't care for it was because it was past his nap time, so he was tired.  He rode the fish and the carousel, but after doing the same thing on both rides, I decided that he was done with the rides.  I guess he did too because he fell asleep after the carousel. : )
Avari, Lily, and Kenley

After we left Holiday World, the kids and I headed over to Kevin and Kristin's house.  We visited with Kristin and the kids until Alvin and Kevin got done working on the fence.  Then they joined us.

Sunday morning, we went to church, and then headed to Jasper to get something to eat, and stop by Walmart.  Where did they take me for Mother's Day??  If you guessed McDonald's you would be absolutely correct!!  It was where the kids wanted to go, and since I knew it would make them happy, I was fine with it...oh the things we do for our kids! Lol
After we were done in Jasper, we stopped by Alvin's parents' house to see his mom for a little while.  The kids also wanted to give her the carnation that they had picked for her after church.  Next we headed to my parents' house to celebrate Mother's Day with my family.  The kids also gave my mom the carnations that they had picked out for her.  All in all, it was a great Mother's Day!
Happy Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment