Last Tuesday, May 22, Emily and I took Owen and Addison to Move-Up Day at Ferdinand Elementary School. They got to go the school, meet their teacher, and see their classroom. We found out that Owen and Adi will actually be in the same class. I don't know if that will be a good thing or a bad thing...I guess we will find out. Mrs. Lindauer is their teacher. They will also have two little boys from preschool in their class, Jake Kitten and Gabe Steckler.
While they did that, the parents (or whoever brought them) went to the library, and listened to the principal, Mr. Begle, talk about things that the kids will be doing and learning. Then we watched a slide show of things that the kids did throughout the school year.
When the teachers were done with the kids, they brought them into the library wearing hats that said "I visited Kindergarten today." Owen and Adi both said that they had a lot of fun, and are excited about going there in the Fall.
On our way out, we saw our Aunt Ruth, who is the head cook at the grade school. I think she is a little excited about getting to see them every day. I know that having a family member at the school, will make it a little easier for me this Fall. Emily and I have already warned Owen and Adi that Aunt Ruthie will let us know if they don't eat their veggies! Lol
Let me explain....
Some of you that are reading this, are probably a little confused because 1) you read in an earlier post that we took Owen to Kindergarten Round-Up at Nancy Hanks or 2) You know that we live in the North Spencer School District, not the Southeast Dubois School District. Well, after A LOT (and I really do mean a lot) of thought, we have decided to send our kids to Ferdinand. Our main reason is because we do almost everything in Dubois County (especially Ferdinand). Alvin and I have gone to church at St. Ferdinand our whole lives, and so have the kids, and Alvin sets up for events at the Spiritual Life Center. All of our doctors/dentists are in Dubois County. We go to most of the events in Ferdinand. Owen went to preschool at St. Henry, and between going there, to Sunday school, and to Vacation Bible School, he knows several kids that will be in his class. We have absolutely nothing against North Spencer school district. I went to school there, and enjoyed it, which is what made this such a hard decision (for me anyways). But I also know what it's like to go to school in one district, and do everything else in another, and it wasn't always fun. I know people will have their opinions on this, and that's understandable. Alvin and I are happy with our decision. Most importantly, Owen is excited about going to school where his daddy went, and with Addison, Madison, and his friends from preschool.
Christmas with the Sander's
10 years ago




No comments:
Post a Comment