Monday, September 30, 2013

2 Year Pictures...FINALLY!! / Betz Family Get-Together

The weekend of Sept. 28, was filled with picture taking, work, a family get-together, and soccer.
Love watching my babies sleep!

I have been wanting to update the kids' pedal tractor picture for awhile now.  Since we actually didn't have anything planned on Saturday morning, and it was nice outside, I decided to take a new picture.  Getting three kids to look at the camera and smile at the same time, while trying to take the picture by yourself, is definitely hard, but I think I got a couple of decent ones.
Owen on his AGCO
Avari on her Massey Ferguson
Easton on his Allis Chalmers
Easton insisted on pushing his pedal tractor up the hill, without any help!
Stubborn little boy!!
He didn't eventually decide that it was too hard, and let me help him. : -)

Alvin had to go to work late Saturday afternoon, to run trials for the new Toyota Highlander that is coming out in November.  The kids and I went to my parents house, so I could try to take Easton's 2-year pictures.  Yeah, I know, I'm a few months behind, but it's been a busy few months. :-)
I honestly don't know which was harder, getting three kids to look at the camera and smile at the same time, OR getting Easton to look and the camera and smile!  This kid is definitely does not like to look at the camera, say "cheese", and smile.  Although, he had no problem saying "cheese" and smiling while NOT looking at the camera, or smiling for a split second, which wasn't long enough for my camera! haha
Even though he might not be smiling, or looking at the camera, I think I got a few good ones.

After pictures were done, we made homemade pizza with my parents.  Then we all watch a movie that the kids picked out.
Ready to watch a movie!
Papaw definitely had a lap full...and he loved it!

Sunday we went to church, and then headed to the Schnellville Conservation Club for the 1st Annual Betz Family Get-Together.  Since Alvin's mom's side decided everyone was too busy over the holidays to get together, they decided to start having a Betz family get-together every year in September.  It was really great seeing everyone, even if it wasn't for very long.
Owen and I had to leave around 1:30 because Owen had a soccer game at 2:00.  Thankfully, it was a rainy day because he was suppose to have soccer pictures taken, but they were cancelled because of the weather.  We were also lucky that Lindsey needed to switch the day she worked concessions too.  See, if it hadn't been raining, and Lindsey hadn't needed to switch, Owen and I would have had to be at the soccer fields at 12:30.  This way it allowed us to stay at the party a little while longer.
Owen played very well at his game.  He is certainly more confident about going after the ball this year, than he was last year, and has more control over the ball.
After the game was over, we headed back to the reunion for a little bit.
We spent the evening at home, getting things ready for the week ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment