Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Yardsales / 35th Anniversary

This past weekend, Ferdinand had their annual yard sales.  Like in the years past, our Relay For Life team decided to sell food.  Unlike other years, we didn't sell pizzas this year.  The last few years our sales have been decreasing.  I think it's because the yard sales now start on Friday and there are a lot more sites selling food.  Since we haven't been making a lot of money doing it, and nobody asked if we were selling this year, I didn't asked Richard if he would donate pizzas, until a few days before, and he didn't get back with me in time.  Emily, April, Brooke, and I did try to sell nachos, drinks, and candy bars though.  After about 3 hours of slow business, we decided to call it quits, and go yardsaling. : )  We only ended up making $22.  While it is a little depressing, we know that every dollar raised gets us closer to finding a cure for cancer.  Plus, Emily and I each decided that the $100 in little bills that we each put in to get us started, we would just donate, so I guess you could say that we raised $222. :)  Also, even though Richard didn't get back with us in time to donate pizzas, he did donate $75 to our team, which we really appreciate.
Saturday evening, Avari, Easton, and I went to April and Thad's house with Emily and Adam to give Ethan and Garrett their Easter presents.  Alvin hadn't been feeling good since the beginning of the week so he stayed at home, to get some rest.  After a lot of thinking, Owen decided he wanted to stay home with daddy  Seriously, I think Owen changed his mind 4-5 times before he stuck with his decision. : ) I think he liked that it was just going to be him and daddy, so they could play without getting interrupted by his brother and sister.

Sunday morning, Owen and I went to church, while Avari went to Sunday school.  Alvin still wasn't feeling very good, so he stayed home with Easton.  After church, I picked up lunch for Alvin and the kids.  Then, I went to Kmart with Emily to return some shoes, while they ate, and then took naps/rested.  When I got back, we went to my parents' house to celebrate their 35th wedding anniversary (on Apr 8).  We played outside and grilled homemade hamburgers for supper.  Emily and I picked up a DQ ice cream cake, while we were in Jasper, so that was dessert.
While we were at my parents' house, I attempted to take Avari's 4yr pictures.
This was the only one I got before Avari was done because she wanted to play.
Playing some baseball
Easton had to play too...
...and had to do it by himself.
practicing throwing and catching with Owen

No comments:

Post a Comment