Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Strassenfest 2012

This past weekend was the Jasper Strassenfest.  Friday evening, Emily and I took the kids to see the hot air balloon race.  We met the Healys and the Christmases there.  It was suppose to start at 6:30...at 7:30 the hot air balloons were still laying on the ground!!  The kids were having fun running around, and climbing in and out of the vehicles, but they were also getting hungry.  The Healys and Christmases decided to leave, so we also did.  We took the kids to McDonald's, and then headed home.
Saturday morning, my parents watched the boys, while Avari and I went to watch the Nutcracker Suite Ballet at the Strassenfest.  I asked Owen if he wanted to go along, and showed him what it was.  He response was, "All they are doing is dancing in circles.  That looks boring.  I want to go to mamaw and papaw's house."  Haha  The Schipps, and Lindsey, Jillian, and Karen (Lindsey's mother-in-law) also went.  Avari said that she really liked the ballet.  I was really surprise at how well she did!  She sat still and didn't take her eyes off the stage until close to the end.  As most of you know...for Avari to actually sit still during something, she has to be very interested in it!
Saturday evening, we met the Schipps, the Joneses, Barbara and her kids, Deb and Joe, another cousin, Tina, her son, Cody, his girlfriend, Sam, his friend, Roger, at Villa Pizzeria.  After we ate, we all went to the Strassenfest, and met the Healys there.  The kids enjoyed riding the rides, and I enjoyed the big cookie that I get every year! : )
Easton's 1st time riding the Strassenfest rides!
Kenley, Easton, and Aubrey
(I don't know the boy in the back.)
Owen waiting for the swings to start.
Avari, Gavin, Aubrey, and Adi
Avari playing with the butterfly light and Owen playing with the NOISY light up gun they got from the Strassenfest.

Sunday, after church, we went back over to Jasper, to watch the Strassenfest parade.  After the parade, Easton took a nap, and Alvin took Owen and Avari to the farm with him.  When Easton woke up, him and I went to Walmart.

No comments:

Post a Comment