Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Owen is a KINDERGARTENER!!

August 14, 2011 marked the start of a brand new chapter in our lives!!  After having Owen at home with me for almost 6 years, we had to send him off to Kindergarten today....whether I was ready or not!  I was DEFINITELY not ready, and I'm pretty sure I was more nervous about his first day of school, then I ever was for any of mine!  I am proud to say that I didn't cry, so I consider that a success on my part! ; )  I think I now what new mother's feel like when going back to work after a maternity leave....and it really SUCKS!  I'm used to seeing him, and knowing what he's doing all day long.  Not having him and Addison here all day with definitely take some getting used to, that's for sure!

Owen, on the other hand, was SO excited that his 1st day of school was finally here!  So much so, that he woke up at 4:45 am!  Luckily, I was able to get him to go back to sleep, since he didn't have to get up until 6:30!  Of course, when that time came, he didn't want to get up!  Haha  Once, I finally got him to wake up, he was ready to go.  He got dressed, ate his breakfast of pancakes and smokey links that he choose the night before, and brushed his teeth, in no time.  Luckily, Alvin made it home from work shortly before we had to leave, so he was able to go along to drop Owen off at school. 
I can't believe my little man is in Kindergarten already!!
Owen and Addison
Ferdinand Elementary....here they come!
Sitting in line with the rest of the kindergarteners, waiting to go to their classroom.

After we dropped Owen off at school, Alvin went to bed, and Avari, Easton, and I hung out at home, until it was time to pick Owen up.  Alvin or I plan on taking Owen to school in the morning, and Emily will do it when we can't, and him and Adi will be getting off the bus at Alvin's parents' house.  Owen said that he had a lot of fun at school, and is ready to go back tomorrow!  Even though I'm not ready for him to be gone all day, Alvin and I are really glad that he is so excited about school, and we hope that it stays that way!  We are looking forward to what this new journey will bring!
Getting off the bus for the very 1st time...
And doing it again for the 2nd time because they forgot their backpacks! 
Successful (and tiring) 1st day of Kindergarten!

No comments:

Post a Comment