Friday evening, the kids and I went to Holiday World with the Schipps and the Joneses. It was too cool to go to the water park, so we just rode the rides. Owen, Adi, and Gavin were really happy about this because they got to ride some of the bigger rides that they normally don't get to ride. Owen rode the Revolution (aka...the Roundhouse) for the very first time! I didn't know if he would like it of not, since it spins around in circles really fast, but he LOVED it!! Adi, Gavin, and Owen rode the ride a couple of times, before we made them move on to another ride. Gavin, Adi, and Owen rode the Roundhouse and the Eagles by themselves, and they rode the Sparkler with Thad, Emily, and I, while April and Adam took Avari, Easton, Kenley, and Easton on the train ride. Avari also got the ride the Eagles, which she was really excited about because she hasn't ridden them since last year.
My (and Emily's) 31st birthday was on Saturday, so when the kids woke up, we went to McDonald's and got some of they delicious cinnamon melts. Later that morning, I laid Easton down for a nap, so that Alvin could sleep a little longer. Then, I dropped Owen and Avari off at my parents' house. My dad watched them, until Alvin woke up, while mom took Emily and I to Los Bravos for lunch.
Alvin had to work that night, but before he left for work, him and the kids sang "Happy Birthday" to me, and we had some cake.
That evening, the kids and I met the Schipps and the Boeglins at the Dairy Barn for supper and ice cream. On our way home, we stopped by my parents' house for a little while.
Even though Alvin had to work, I still had a pretty good birthday!
Good thing Avari is wearing her helmet because you can never be too safe when playing Twister! : )
Sunday, the kids and I went to church, and then came home and woke Alvin up, so we could go to my parents' house to celebrate Emily and my birthday. Dad grilled homemade hamburgers, while mom made cornflake potatoes. Since the weather was so beautiful, we ate lunch outside. After lunch, we had cake and ice cream. Then spent the rest of the afternoon, sitting outside visiting, and watching the kids play outside. We had brought Owen and Avari's bike, and Easton's Cozy Truck and water table, so the kids definitely had fun playing outside.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY to EMILY and ME!!
Adi, Easton, Owen, Avari, and Kenley enjoying Easton's sand and water table.
The only way we could get Easton to take a nap! : )




No comments:
Post a Comment