We have tried getting Owen to ride his bike without training wheels most of the summer, but he didn't want to practice. As soon as Alvin or I would let go, he would quit pedaling and fall off. We told him that we weren't going to put his training wheels back on, so he decided to do it himself! That's right, he found the right size ratchet wrench, and put his training wheels back on! Well, on Monday, August 6, when Addison got to the house, she told Owen that she could ride her bike without training wheels. I guess that was the push that he needed because that afternoon he wanted to take his training wheels off too. Alvin and I tried teaching him how to ride without training wheels, but weren't having much luck. He would worry too much about falling that he would quit pedaling as soon as we let go of his bike. We tried teaching him how to start pedaling by himself, but he wouldn't go fast enough to keep himself upright and balanced. Alvin had to go to the farm yet, before work, so he finally had to leave. Right after he left, I told Owen we were going to try a couple more times, and then take a break. I held his bike, while he got on it. Then I just gave him a big push. He RODE HIS BIKE all the way down to our ditch!! I think he was just as surprised and excited as I was! He did it several more times after that, and now he rides it all by himself, and all over the place! I can't believe how fast he is growing up!! We are so proud of him and his latest accomplishment!!
Look at him go!!
Little sis had to get on the picture too! : )
Last Friday, my dad took Owen along in the semi. I guess he decided to give Owen and Addison a special "end of summer" treat because he took Adi on Thursday. To say that Owen was excited would be an understatement! He couldn't wait for papaw to call and tell us what time to meet him! Finally at 10:00 we met my dad by Wendy's. Owen rode with dad on the rest of his runs that day, before my dad dropped him off at our house. I know that Owen LOVED every minute of it!
While Owen was with my dad, I took Avari, Easton, Adi, Kenley, and Lance to the park, to meet up with Lindsey and the kids. She was taking Jillian there for a picnic and to play on the playground to close out summer vacation. Needless to say, all the kids had a lot of fun playing at the park, and were worn out when we left.
It was a nice way to close out the summer.
No comments:
Post a Comment