They were suppose to have their first game on Saturday, April 14, but it was cancelled because of rain.
Avari taking a swing at the all.
Owen taking his turn.
Avari right as she hit 3rd base. (I was 3rd base coach, that's the reason for the camera angle.)
Owen running for 3rd base.
Avari trying to catch the baseball.
Owen throwing the ball.
Friday, Katie came home for a few days to visit!!!! Adam couldn't make it because he was in Nevada for some kind of training. While he hated the he weren't able to see him, he loved being able to see Katie, Harper, and Paisley again! Owen and Avari were so excited that they didn't know what to do with her first! Avari decided we should start with the most important thing....opening her Easter present from her Godmother! Haha Her exact words, when I told her that Katie was coming home were "Yay! Then I will get my Easter present!" We went to my parents' house on Friday evening for supper, and to spend time with Katie and the dogs.
Avari with her Godmother and her Easter presents.
It took Easton a little while to warm up to Katie, but after she fed him, he was just fine with her. ; )
Owen and Avari wanted to help Aunt Katie wash dishes...I wish they were this eager to help me at home!
Katie also had to read them the books that Owen got from school that day.
Easton loved paying with Paisley...and she didn't seem to mind too much. Harper, on the other hand, wasn't too keen on letting Easton play with him. He usually walked away, after Easton tugged his hair a few times. : )
Saturday morning, Owen and Avari had a T-ball game, and boy was it COLD and windy outside! Luckily they only play two "innings", so it only lasts about 45 minutes. By innings, I mean one team stands on dots on the field, taking turns standing on the pitcher's mound and first base, while the other team lets every player hit the ball, and the last batter hits a "homerun", so every one gets to run home. Then they switch. They do this two times, and then the game is over. It is just long enough too because by the end of the 2nd inning most of the kids are done. Although unless, they are at pitcher or 1st base, they pretty much just play in the dirt. Haha
After T-Ball, we went to my parents' house. When Alvin woke up, him, Owen, and my dad went to pick up some concrete slabs that they are using to make a bridge over the ditch between our houses. That way the kids don't have to walk on the road, if they want to go to grandma and grandpa's house. My question is, why didn't we do this a long time ago, when Emily, Katie, and I were little, so that we could go to our grandma and grandpa's house without walking the road too?!?! ; - )
Owen helping grandpa and daddy set the concrete slabs down.
That evening, Alvin had to work, so the kids and I just hung out at home.
Sunday, the kids and I went to church with my parents. We always go to 10:30 mass, and this week we were very surprised when we got into church and found out it was 1st Communion weekend!! I always grab a bulletin when we walk into church, but they were out at the door we went into the week before, so I didn't get one...bot to I wish I would have, so I would have seen that it was 1st Communion the following week, and could have went to another mass! The sad thing is, Alvin had to do a set-up for it, and I still didn't realize it. I just thought it was a 1st Communion retreat. I definitely learned my lesson! I must say though, the kids did really well, for having to sit in church for 1-1/2 hours.
After church, we woke Alvin up, so he could go out to the farm. The kids and I hung out at home for a while, and then went down to my parents' house later in the afternoon. The Schipps were back from Florida, and Katie was still home, so we all got together for supper.
My little band : - )
On Tuesday, Owen had Backwards Day at preschool. They did everything backwards that day. They ate snack and played first, and did their school work last. They could even wear their clothes backwards. Owen also decided to wear is jacket and backpack backwards too.
Easton loves looking at books.




No comments:
Post a Comment