Thursday, February 23, 2012

A Month In Review

So once again, I'm slacking on the posts.  Sorry for that!  I try to post more often, but after having kids here all day, and then it just being me at night with our kids, I'm exhausted by the time I get them all to bed!  The last thing I feel like doing, is blogging.  I'm going to try getting back into the weekly (or at least bi-weekly) posting though.
Anyways, here is what we've been up to so far this month....

The first week of February was so nice, that we spent some time outside, enjoying it!  Easton even got to take his first wagon ride!!  Who would have thought that would happen in February?!?!
Stroller ride in February....why not???
And a wagon ride too??
Avari thought the bookshelf in her, Owen, and Easton's room would be a good place to take a nap!
Funny thing is, I have a picture of Owen doing the same thing, when he was about her age. :)

Feb. 4-5
Saturday, Feb. 4, Owen had his basketball game in the morning.  All the kids have been doing really well this year!  Alvin had to work that night, so the kids and I spent the evening at my parents' house.
Sunday, Feb. 5, after church and Sunday school, we went to Ben and Sara's house (Alvin's cousin) for an Open House/Pampered Chef party.  They just finished building their new house, and had a Pampered Chef party so they just combined to things....good idea if you ask me. :)  After the party, we went to Emma's 3rd birthday party.  She's my cousin, Lisa's little girl.  The kids has a lot of fun at her Barbie themed party.  The adults also enjoyed visiting with each other.  That evening, we watched the Super Bowl.  We were very excited that the Giants won!
HAPPY 3rd BIRTHDAY EMMA!!
Yes, that is a spoonful of icing going into her mouth. :)
Avari taking on turn with the pinata.
Owen's turn.
Emily and I unknowingly dressed Adi and Avari in the exact same dress!  If you look closely, you will notice that they are wearing the same socks too!  Must be a twin thing...lol

Feb. 10, 11 & 12
Owen didn't have preschool on Friday.  Mrs. Brenda's mom was in the hospital, and wasn't doing very well.  She decided to cancel school, so that she could be with her.  Her mother passed away on Friday.  We are very sorry for her and her family's loss.
Saturday morning, Owen had another basketball game.  Afterwards, we went to my parents' house for awhile.  That evening, we just hung out at home.
Sunday morning, the kids came to church with us.  It was the women's CRHP (Christ Renews His Parish) weekend, so they didn't have Sunday school, since it is held in the same building.  Since the Children's Liturgy of the Word is held in the priest house, they still had that, so Owen ad Avari went during the first part of mass.  After church, Kevin, Kristin, and the kids came over.  Kevin was leaving on Saturday, Feb.18, for a 2-week stay in Italy for work, and they are borrowing our web cam, so that they can Skype.  (He has since made it safely to Italy.  Hopefully he will have a safe trip back.)  That evening, Emily, Brooke, and I went to the funeral home to pay our respects to our friend, Mary's dad.  He passed away on Friday after a long battle with pancreatic cancer.  We are very sorry for her and her family's loss.
Starting out young....Easton looking at a tractor magazine at my parents' house. :)

Feb. 17, 18, & 19
Friday, Owen as finally able to have his Valentine's party at school!  He said it was a lot of fun.  They played games, and handed out their Valentine's.  They also had some time to practice the letter Rr.
Saturday morning, Owen played basketball again.  Afterwards, we went to my parents' house, so that Alvin could sleep in a quiet house for once.  That afternoon, Alvin and Owen went out to the farm, while Avari and Easton took naps.  We spent the evening hanging out at home.
Sunday, we went to church and Owen and Avari went back to preschool.  Afterwards, we went to Grandy's with my parents.  Then we made the much needed trip to Walmart.  We ended the day making homemade pizza, and hanging out at home.
Owen and Avari tickling Easton to make him laugh.

If interested, I have 2 more posts below, that I back dated.

No comments:

Post a Comment