Friday late afternoon, Kristin and the kids came over. Since Kevin is still in Italy for work, I told her if she needed to get out, she should come over. As always, the kids all had a lot of fun playing together!
Saturday morning, Owen had his final Bitty Basketball game of the year. It was also Recognition Day. The kids played a short game, and then were recognized for playing. They also received their medal, picture, and a cookie. All the kids did great this year, and seemed to have learned at least a little bit about how to play basketball. I had a lot of fun coaching them!
Owen receiving his medal.
Saturday afternoon, Owen and I went to Evansville with Emily and Addison, while Alvin stayed home with Avari and Easton. We still had to get Avari's birthday present, so I asked Owen if he wanted to go along. Ever since Avari got to make her Build-A-Bear (well Hello Kitty), I had been promising him that he could built one sometime. Since I obviously couldn't take Avari with me, I thought it would be a great time to let Owen built an animal. He chose to build a Dachshund dog, and dressed it army fatigues and boots...leave it to Owen to pick an animal that needs 2 PAIRS of shoes! Haha He decided to name his new dog, Bruno. He had a lot of fun at Build-A-Bear, and I had fun watching him. Afterwards, we went to Toys R Us to pick up Avari's present. Then we stopped by Party City, and Chick-Fil-A before heading home. It was great spending the day with Owen. And even though Adi didn't stop talking the whole time we were gone, it was great spending the day with her and Emily too. I'm not kidding either...the only time that girl was quiet, was when I asked her if she wanted to play the Mouse game on the way home! Of course the first time she lost, but Miss Competitive didn't want to quit until she won! Haha Her and Owen played two more times, and they both won those times because after about 10 minutes, we told them they could talk. :) Emily asked her if that game was hard....Adi's response....YES!! Lol That girl LOVES to talk!! While we were gone, Alvin tried to clean the basement to get it ready for Avari's birthday party. That doesn't go too well when you have two little kids down there with you! At least he made a dent in the toy mess though. I'm pretty sure Avari and Easton didn't have to do much to get Alvin to quit cleaning and play with them though! ;)
Sunday, after church (they didn't have Sunday School because of Men's CHRP weekend), we went to Chicago's Pizzas for lunch with my family. Afterwards, we went to Walmart to get some things for Avari's birthday party. That evening we went to Ann and Duane's to visit, and to see Bryce again. Alvin didn't get to hold him in the hospital because he had a cold, and didn't want to chance getting him sick. So this was the first time he got to hold him. He's as cute as ever! Ann and Duane seem to be adjusting just fine to parenthood!
It was great spending time with so many family members this weekend! We get to do it again this weekend at Avari's birthday party!
Some pictures taken through the week...
Some pictures taken through the week...
Our little drummer!
What a great big sister!
After seeing Owen feed Easton a few times, Avari wanted to do it too.
Adi and Easton hanging out in the wash basket!




No comments:
Post a Comment