Monday, December 5, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!!  We sure did!  We have so many things to be thankful this year!  We are very thankful for Easton joining our family this year.  We are also thankful for our kids health, and well as ours.

Thanksgiving Day, we went to Sam and Lou Dilger's house for the Betz family Thanksgiving dinner.  That evening we went to my parents' house for Thanksgiving supper.  Friday evening we went to the Jasper Outdoor Rec. to celebrate Thanksgiving with the Hartings family.  Our cousin, Jeremy, and his wife, Heidi, were also in town from New Orleans, so it was nice seeing them again.  It was great getting to see so much family over Thanksgiving.  It would have been even better if Katie and Adam could have made it home for Thanksgiving, but we understand why they couldn't.  We can't wait to see them over Christmas though!

Friday, before we had to leave to the Hartings Thanksgiving, Kevin, Kristin, and the kids came over.  We were having trouble with our heating system (the heat would on kick on, if we left the fan switched to "On" instead of "Auto"), so Kevin came over to look at it.  He also helped Alvin study for the maintenance test we would be taking on Dec. 3.  As always, the kids had a lot of fun playing together, and weren't ready to quit, when it was time to leave.
Saturday afternoon, my parents watched Easton, while Alvin and I took Owen and Avari to the Hadi Shrine Circus.  We went with some of our cousins, and my aunt Deb, and uncle Joe.  Avari really enjoyed it.  Owen didn't like the loud noise (and we had left his earmuffs in the car), but after he pried his hands off his ears, and he realized it wasn't that loud, he enjoyed it too.  We all learned that we probably won't be getting general admission tickets again!  Either that, or we won't be using them to go to the Saturday afternoon show.  **General Admission ticket holders can go to any show they want to go to.**  Apparently, everyone decided to go Saturday afternoon!  It was so packed that we couldn't find any general admission seats together.  They said it was the biggest show, they've had in a while.  Luckily, they allowed us to sit in some of the reserved seats, and even better was that nobody came to claim those seats, so we didn't have to move!  After the circus we stopped by McDonald's before heading home.
Sunday afternoon, while the kids took naps, Alvin study some more for his test, while I ran to Jasper, to do some Christmas shopping.  This is the first year that I ordered most of my Christmas gifts online, and I must say it is really nice.  I don't have to fight the crowds, and they get delivered in brown boxes, as everything is "hidden" already!  I just had a few things to buy in the stores, and got most of those items on Sunday!  On the way home I picked up a pizza from Villa Pizzeria.

We all really enjoyed our long weekend!  We just wish it could have lasted longer! :-)
~Sibling Love~
I caught Owen and Avari watching TV like this!
What's really surprising, is that Owen actually like Avari do this!
The kids helped me make dirt pudding for Thanksgiving Day.
Easton's 1st Thanksgiving!
Easton and Kaden
Apparently only one of Kaden's feet were hot...noticed the barefoot! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment