Monday, December 20, 2010

St. Nick / Christmas Program

So, after I published my last post, I realized that I had forgotten to post pictures of St. Nick's visit.  He was running a little late to our house, (oops!) so he didn't actually make it here until Monday evening.  He made his visit, while the kids were taking a shower. :)  Owen was so excited, and couldn't believe how sneaky St. Nick was!!  He also couldn't believe that St. Nick knew exactly what he wanted!!  Needless to say, we had to play with their new toys until they went to bed that night.


Since I'm behind on posts once again, the following is a recap of the Dec. 10 weekend...
Wednesday evening the kids and I decorated the tree in their room.

Friday, Dec 10, Owen and Addison had their Preschool Christmas program.  It was really cute, and they both did a great job!  Santa even made a surprise visit, when they were done singing!  All the kids were really excited to see him.  He called them each one of their names, and they would go sit on his lap.  Then they would check his good list to see if their name was on it, and if it was, they got a gift bag.  Luckily everyone made the Good List! ;)  Afterwards, we all enjoyed the snacks that some families were asked to bring.  Grandparents were invited to come too, so my parents went along.  Katie came too....she took Alvin place because he wasn't able to get off work to go along.  Luckily I was able to video tape it, so he will be able to watch it.  Avari did really well during the program, but she must have thought it should have ended after the first song because as soon as they finished it, she asked me if they were done! :)  This question was repeated after every song they sang!  Once we left the Christmas program, we went back to my parents house to celebrate Katie's birthday.
Owen helping me make cookies for his Christmas program. 
Avari had to help too. 
All the preschooler that were at the Christmas program. 
This is the closest Avari would get to Santa.... 
...until she realized that he was handing out presents!
She didn't get one because she's not in preschool, but that didn't stop her from trying. :)
Owen looking for his name in the "Good Book".  He found it at the top of the page! :)

Happy Birthday Katie!!

Saturday afternoon, Dec. 11, we picked out out Christmas tree.  When we asked Owen which one he wanted, he said "None of them!"  When I asked him why not, he said "I want one that isn't pokey!"  He doesn't like the real trees because it hurts when he touches the needles.  We couldn't find one that wasn't "pokey", but luckily we was happy with the one we got.  Once we got home, I laid Avari down for a nap, while Alvin and Owen worked on bringing the tree in.  That evening Kevin, Kristin, Kennedy, and Kaden came over.  It was nice visiting with them, and seeing the kids again.
Sunday, my parents watched the kids,while Alvin and I went Christmas shopping.  Boy, was that an experience!!  We went to Evansville, so we had to drive home in the snow that came.  We were stopped on I164 for about 1/2 hour because of a jack-knifed semi.  Our usual 45 minute drive took us 2-1/2 hours!  We were so glad that we made it home safely!  On the bright side, we did get all of our Christmas shopping done!  We decided that next year, we were going to stay home, if there was any chance of snow, the day we wanted to go Christmas shopping though. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment