I don't know if any of you have heard about InfantSee. It's an eye exam for children under 1 year of age, and it's FREE!! Gunderson Eye Care in Jasper participates in the program. I took Owen when he was almost a year old, and I recently took Avari. The eye doctor dialated Avari's eyes, and then checked them to make sure that they looked like they should, and that she didn't have anything wrong with them. They basically check for things that family doctors can't detect by looking at their eyes. The eye doctor was really nice, and Avari did a great job! She didn't fuss at all, and let her do everything she needed to do! They recommend that you bring them back at 3 years old. Since Owen is three, he went for his check-up the same time I took Avari. He did really good, and even sat in the big chair by himself! He was really proud of that, and told everyone that asked how his appointment went about it. :) Both kids got great reports! Avari will go back again at 3 years old, and Owen will go back right before he starts kindergarten.
No comments:
Post a Comment