Saturday, March 29, 2014

Winter Break...oh. I mean Spring Break!

With temperatures in the 30's and 40's almost all week, and snow on Tuesday, it felt more like the kids were on Winter Break, rather than Spring Break!  The kids still enjoyed having a week off school, and it was nice not having to worry about doing homework for one week.
Even though we didn't go anywhere, I tried to have some fun things for the kids to do.  They mainly just enjoyed being able to play all day long.

A couple of days they had fun playing with shaving cream.  They did write the answers to some math facts, and wrote some words our, but mainly they had fun drawing pictures and driving cars and trucks in the shaving cream.
Kenley and Easton
Owen, Adi, and Avari
Easton, Owen, and Avari
After my kids were done playing in the shaving cream, they decided to put it on their faces...Silly kids! haha

On Wednesday, after lunch, I met my dad at Bretzville because he was taking Adi along in the semi that afternoon.

Owen spent the night at my parents' house on Wednesday because he was going along in the semi on Thursday.  My dad asked if he wanted to go along all day, or just in the afternoon, but Owen wasn't going to turn down the chance to go all day long! haha
Lance, Easton, Avari, Adi, and Kenley playing with shaving cream, while Owen went trucking with Grandpa Schum.

On Friday, I was going to take the kids to the bounce houses at the Jasper Skate Palace, but it was cloudy and rainy in the morning.  Instead, I opted for another (and cheaper) bounce house.  I asked Emily if I could use Adi and Kenley's bounce house. : -)
Since it was a cool morning, I set the bounce house up in the living room.  I decided it would be better in there, than in the basement because I could keep an eye on them while I made lunch.
Friday afternoon was the only day all week that actually felt like Spring, so that afternoon, I put the bounce house outside.  I think it's safe to say that the kids enjoyed jumping on the bounce house.
Adi. Lance, Owen, Kenely, Easton, and Avari

No comments:

Post a Comment