HAPPY NEW YEAR!! I can't believe how fast 2013 flew by! We ended the year partying with friends at the Schipp house. We decided to make it a pajama party this year, which I think was a great idea. I mean with all the food and beverages that were going to be consumed that night, who wouldn't want to be in something comfy!?! Haha The kids had a blast playing together, and we are very fortunate that they all get along so well. Us adults had a lot of fun celebrating the end of 2013 and the beginning of 2014. Although we didn't ring in the New Year for too long. After the ball dropped, we all pretty much packed up our stuff and went home. We are some real party animals!! Haha
Avari (laying on the floor), Kenley, Adi, Madison, Jillian
Owen, Ethan, Gavin
Easton
Emily got out fingernail polish for the girls, which turned into a fingernail painting party. : -)
Kennedy, Ethan, Madison, Avari, Adi, Jillian, Colson
Owen and Kaden decided to stick with playing with the Ninja Turtles....for a little while. ;-)
Easton, Garrett, Lily, and Nolan thought the stuff in the living room was a little more fun.
Kaden decided to have Avari paint his nails, while Kenley painted her own.
Owen decided he would paint Gavin's nails for him.
Avari painting Lily's nails.
Colson showing off his pretty nails.
Ethan showing his pretty nails.
me, Kristin, Brooke, Lindsey, Emily, and April.
Owen and Gavin playing checkers, before it was time to watch the ball drop.
Kenley, Jillian, Adi, and Avari waiting for the ball to drop.
Kennedy, Gavin, and Owen waiting for the ball to drop.
New Year's Day, Danny treated the Boeglin family to our annual Golden Corral lunch. It is very generous of Danny to do this every year, especially with how the family has grown, and we really appreciate it. After we stuffed our bellies, we headed back home.
Thursday, it was back to our normal routine. Because of the snow at the beginning of December, Owen had to go back to school a day early. He was not ready to go back to school, but was happy that it was only a two-day week. I don't blame Owen, Alvin and I weren't ready to go back to work either, but like him, it made it easier knowing that it was only for two days.
Saturday I had to go to Walmart. I never want to go to this place, and I definitely didn't want to go there the day before bad winter weather was being predicted, but I was going to have kids at my house all week, so I needed to go. My parents said that they could watch the kids, while I ran over there, so I dropped them off, and headed to Emily's house, so that we could go over together. After surviving that madhouse, we grabbed something to eat, stopped by Kmart, and then headed home. After unloading everything, and putting all the cold/frozen items away, I headed back to my parents' house. The Schipps came out too, and helped mom take down Christmas decorations, while dad made supper.
Unfortunately, Alvin was feeling good, so he opted to stay home, and rest. He had been dealing with sinusy stuff all week long, and I think the worse of it hit him on Saturday.
Sunday morning, I took Avari to Sunday school, and I went to church. Alvin was feeling a little better, but didn't know how he would do all through mass, so he stayed at home with the boys.
After church, Avari and I picked up subs, for everyone, from Subway, and then headed home. We spent the rest of the day hanging out at home, waiting for the big snow storm to come....which it NEVER did!
We are a great 2013, and so far 2014 has been pretty great too. We want to wish everyone a VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR!! We hope 2014 is just as good, or better than 2013!!




No comments:
Post a Comment