Thursday, January 30, 2014

An End of January Recap

We haven't had much going on the last half of January, so I haven't taken the time to post anything.

Saturday evening, Jan. 18, Emily, April, and I went to a benefit for Melissa and Josh Lueken.  The money raise will help the family pay for Josh's medical expenses as he battles Lymphoma.  Melissa was in Emily and mine's class, and April and Melissa used to work together at Southern Hills, so we have known her for a long time.  They had a good turnout, and hopefully raised a lot to help them through this difficult time.  The guys were going to go along too, but Thad ended up having to go back into work, so Alvin and Adam decided to stay home and watch the kids.  They don't know Melissa or Josh, so they were more than happy to just let us girls go. Haha  Plus, Alvin wanted to spend time with the kids, since he doesn't get to very much during the week.

Sunday, Jan. 20, we went to Sunday school and church.  That afternoon, I went to Lindsey's Thirty-One party, while Alvin went to his parents' house, and then at my parents' house.  I joined them there, after the party, and that's where we spent the rest of the evening.

The week of Jan. 17, was the first time that Owen went to school for a whole week, since the week before Christmas break.  Thanks to Old Man Winter, they have had a snow day or 2-hour delay at least once a week since they went back to school.

Saturday evening, Jan. 25, we went to church.  Avari didn't was Sunday school because the women's CHRP was being held in the Spiritual Life Center, and Alvin had to work Saturday night.  We decided to that going Saturday night would be better, then me taking the kids by myself Sunday morning, while Alvin slept.  After church, we went to my parents' house for Chili.  Alvin left for work, after eating, and the kids and I spent the rest of the evening at my parents' house.

Sunday morning, Alvin picked up breakfast at the Kiwanis Pancake Breakfast, and signed Owen up for baseball.  Since the breakfast started at 7:00, and that's about the time that Alvin usually gets home, the plan was for Alvin to pick up the food, so that the kids could sleep in.  Of course that didn't happen, as they woke up right after Alvin got home.  It was nice though because then Alvin got to eat with us before he went to bed.
After Alvin woke up. Avari, Easton, and I went to Walmart, while Alvin and Owen hung out.  I think Owen was really wanting some daddy time because he pretty much begged me to take Easton with me.  I was happy to oblige...and after some persuading, so was Easton. haha
I picked up a pizza from Papa Johns on the way home, and we chilled out until bedtime.
Not sure if more BBQ ended up on Owen's mouth, or in his mouth. Haha
Of course Easton had to have his picture taken too. :) 
You can never be too safe when playing with tractors. haha
Owen finally got to haul our Christmas tree away on Jan. 27.
Of course he couldn't just haul it down to our garden.  He had to drive it around Grandma and Grandpa's house first. ; -)

No comments:

Post a Comment