Friday, January 31, 2014

Dance and Basketball

For awhile now, I have mentioned that I think Avari should be in dance.  She loves to dance, and is always dancing around.  She enjoys gymnastics, and never really said anything about wanting to do dance, so Alvin and I decided that until she actually says something, she would just stay in gymnastics.
Well, a few weeks before Christmas, Avari asked me if I would ask Anita (the owner of Flip & Twist) about the dance classes because she wanted to try dance.  So, I did just that.  Turns out that one of the girls that was teaching Avari, Kenley, and Owen's gymnastics class, also teaches the dance class.  This was great because Avari and Kenley can do dance, while Owen and Adi do gymnastics.
Avari started dance after Christmas break.  She is enjoying it, but says that she wants to do gymnastics too.  Alvin and I don't want to pay for her to take both, so I talked to Anita again.  She said that they have some girls that do both.  They will do dance for 1-2 weeks, and then gymnastics for 1-2 weeks, and they seem to stay on track in both.  I told Avari that if she can show us that she can focus in her dance class, and learn her dances, then after awhile, we will let her try both.  She has been good, so hopefully she keeps it up.
Avari and Kenley learning dance moves from their teacher, Hailey.


Thursday, January 23, Bitty Basketball started at the YMCA again.  Avari's team is the Cougars.  She is on a team with Kenley, Lance, Colson Healy, and Kayden Fleck, and a few kids that we don't know.  Lindsey Healy and Emily are their coaches.  She was excited to start basketball, so hopefully she will play well.  She was suppose to have her first game on Saturday, Jan. 25, but it got cancelled because of snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment