Saturday, November 30, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving!

We hope that everyone had a great Thanksgiving!  Ours was pretty good because we got to spend it with most of our family members.  The one thing that would have made it better, was if we could have spent it with Katie and Adam too.  Since Adam just got back from his 6-month deployment to Kyrgyzstan, on Nov. 12, they opted to stay in Virginia.  Adam's parents and brothers were going out there, so at least they got to spend Thanksgiving with some family.  Katie wanted all of us to go out there too, but with Alvin's work schedule, it just didn't work out this year. Hopefully one of these years we will be able to make it out there for Thanksgiving again.

Alvin had to work the night before Thanksgiving, so while he sleep in for a little while, I started getting things ready for Thanksgiving with Alvin's family.  Last year it was decided that we would start rotating houses for Thanksgiving, and we were the first ones to host it this year.  It was kind of nice because I didn't feel as rushed to get everything and everyone ready and out the door at a certain time.  Plus, the kids got to watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade.  I remember always looking for to watching that parade, when I was younger, and I want my kids to have those same memories.  Once Alvin's family got to the house we had a good meal, and a good time enjoying each others' company.

After Alvin's family left, we headed down to my parents' house for Thanksgiving.  Once again we had a good meal, and enjoyed each others' company.

Overall, it was a great Thanksgiving, and we are definitely thankful for everyone and everything that we have in our lives.
HAPPY THANKSGIVING!! 
Addison, Owen,
Kenley, Easton, Avari

No comments:

Post a Comment