Friday, before Emily came to get the girls, I let the kids paint pumpkins. We had a lot of little white pumpkins grow in our garden this year. We have no idea how they got there because we haven't had any white pumpkins for a couple of years, but they made nice Fall decorations. : -) The kids have been asking to paint them for awhile, and Friday finally worked out. They had a lot of fun painting their pumpkins, and setting them out.
Easton with his pumpkin.
He loved the Micky Mouse head that I painted on it.
Avari with her pumpkin.
She had a lot going on on her pumpkin. I know she painted Ariel (The Little Mermaid) and another mermaid friend on the beach. There was also the ship from The Little Mermaid.
Thursday evening, Avari had her first soccer practice. Once again, she is playing Kinder Kickers at the Y. Emily and I are coaching again because we with our kids, and our friends' kids, we made our own team. Avari's team members are Kenley, Lance, Colson Healy, Kayden Fleck, and Halle Boehm. This year our team name is the Tigers.
Saturday morning, Avari had her first soccer game. While she says she likes playing soccer, I really don't know how long she will continue to play soccer. She seemed to enjoy the beginning of the game, and then gradually quit going after the ball. When I told her to get in the game, and asked her why she wasn't going after the ball, this was her response, "Mom, I'm tired, I'm hot, and I'm sweating!!" All I could do was laugh. I've always said that Avari is more of a dancer or cheerleader, then an athlete, and I think she might just be proving my point. Haha She did like playing goalie, and was good at it. She stopped almost every ball. So, maybe if she continues to play soccer, as she get older, she will be the goalie. : -)
Saturday afternoon, the kids and I headed to Celestine Community Club for Jared Pfaff (my cousin) and Katie Hopf's wedding. They actually got married Friday night, but redid it on Saturday. The reasoning....They wanted to get married outside, but wanted a Catholic ceremony too. Since a priest can only have a Catholic wedding mass in a church, they decided to get married at St. Mary's Catholic Church, in Ireland, on Friday night with full ceremony. On Saturday, they redid the ceremony, minus the communion. They held the ceremony in the shelter house, by the lake. It was a very pretty setting, and a beautiful ceremony, even though it was windy and chilly outside. The reception was held up the hill at the Celestine Community Center. It was a nice reception, and we all had a good time.
On Sunday, Avari went to Sunday school, while the rest of us went to church. After church, we went to Ponderosa with my family. Then we headed to Owen's last soccer game of the season. I can't believe how fast his soccer season went. We really enjoyed watching him play, and he said that he had a lot of fun playing. Hopefully he will decide to play again next year.




No comments:
Post a Comment