Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Girls' Night / Soccer / Apple Fest

Friday evening, the kids and I went to the Schipps' house to check out their new camper.  It was really nice, and the kids were already trying to spend the night in it with Adi and Kenley.

Saturday morning, the kids and I went to my parents' house for a little while.
After Alvin woke up, we went to Bryce's 3rd birthday party.  He is my cousin, Janelle's little boy.  We couldn't stay long, but the kids had a lot of fun playing on the inflatable slide that Janelle rented, while we were there.
That evening, Emily. April, Lindsey, and I went to the The Band Perry/Rascal Flatts concert in Evansville.  It was a great concert, and nice to have a girls' night out.  Alvin and the kids enjoyed a pizza and movie night at home.
Easton really enjoys looking at the photo albums we make yearly for my parents.
It contains pictures of the grandkids taken during the year,

On Sunday, Owen had another soccer game.  This week he played Jillian and Lydia's team.  He also finally had team pictures.  This was the third time they were scheduled because the first two times were cancelled due to rain.  Owen has been doing really well at soccer this year, and really enjoys playing.  It's fun watching him play.
Owen and Jillian
Colson, Adi, and Easton watching Owen and Jillian.

After soccer, we met up with the Schipps, and my parents and headed to the Apple Fest in Rockport.  I must say, I was a little disappointed because it wasn't what I expected.  I thought they would at least have pumpkins to buy, and things for the kids to do, but instead it was more like a craft show, with a lot of food.  I don't think we will be going back again.
After we left the Apple Fest, we headed to Memorial Hospital, to meet the newest member of the Betz family.  Alvin's cousin, Robyn and her husband Kregg Nordhoff had a baby girl on Saturday.  Her name is Hallie Renee, and she is a little cutie.
After we left the hospital, we got something to eat at Villa Pizzeria, before heading home.
Owen was really into reading this weekend.  He had gotten a Junie B. Jones book from the church picnic this summer, and spent most of the weekend reading it.  On Sunday, we read it on the way down to Rockport, on the way to Jasper, and while we were at Villa Pizzeria.  He would have read it on the way home, but we made him put it away because it was too dark to read.  I love that he has finally taken an interest in reading.
Love seeing this!

No comments:

Post a Comment