Friday, February 22, 2013

Another "Do Nothing" Weekend

This past weekend, we enjoyed another lazy weekend.
Saturday morning, Owen and Avari had their basketball games at 10:30.  While it's nice not to have to stay for two games, it is definitely harder to watch them both play, when they play at the same time.  From what I saw of the games, they both played well.  Owen got to shoot twice.  He made one and missed one.  He is getting better at rebounding, each week.  Avari got to shot once, but not in the way they are suppose to. :)  This year, the way they play is, one kids "dribbles" (they mostly carry it) the ball down the court, then passes it to another kid.  The ball is passed to each kid, and the one standing in the middle gets to shoot the ball.  Well, I guess Avari wanted to make sure that she got to shoot the ball.  She "dibbled" the ball down the court, but instead of passing the ball, she went straight to the basket and shot the ball.  :)  She made the shot too!
After the game, we went to my parents' house.  While we were there, I swept and steam mopped their floors.  We stayed for a little awhile after lunch before going home.  Once we got home, Easton and Alvin took naps.  Alvin went to the basketball games, so he needed to get a little more sleep.  While they slept, Owen, Avari, and I went to Walmart to deal with Avari's earrings (see post below).  While we were there, I did my grocery shopping.  We spent the rest of the evening at home.  The kids wanted to have a sleepover in the basement, so we blew up the air mattress, and set up Easton's pack-and-play.  Owen picked out a movie, and we camped out in the basement.
Ready for camping out in the basement

Sunday, we went to Sunday school and church.  Then we went to Jasper.  Since we didn't go out to eat on Valentine's Day, we decided to use one of the gift certificates that we got for Christmas, and go to Applebees for lunch.  After we ate, we made a stop at Walmart again.  I had forgotten to get a birthday present and a bridal shower gift, when I was there on Saturday, so we picked those things up.  We spent the rest of the afternoon and evening at home.
Alvin brought his BB gun home a few weeks ago, and Owen has been wanting to shoot it.  Since it wasn't too cold outside, Alvin got his target board down.  Owen and I printed off a picture of a deer, and Owen and Alvin taped it to the board.  Alvin helped Owen practice shooting his gun.

Easton is constantly opening the freezer door, and taking things out...one negative thing about having a freezer on the bottom.  The other night, I found him doing this..
He took the food out of the freezer.  Then decided to "vacuum" it up.
I guess he thought the freezer would be a good place to store the vacuum. :)
Once he got his vacuum to stay, he started putting the food away! :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment