That changed Thursday morning, when Kevin was admitted to St. Mary's Hospital for his heart. Wednesday night Alvin sent me a text that Kevin was taken by ambulance to the hospital, but he didn't know why. Around 1:45 Thursday morning, he sent me another text that Kevin had something going on with his heart. (If you don't already know, Kevin now works at Toyota, so that's how Alvin found all this stuff out so quickly.) Anyways, Kevin found out that he had an extra beat in his heart, and he wasn't allowed to leave the hospital, until it went away. Alvin and I decided to go down and visit him, and just give Patty our condolences next time we see her at the Spiritual Life Center.
After the babysitting kids left, we dropped Owen and Avari off at the Schipps' house. They had bitty basketball practice Thursday night, so Emily and Adam fed them, and took them to practice (Thanks guys!). Then Alvin, Easton, and I headed to Evansville. Kevin seemed to be doing well while we were there. We could only visit for about 45 minutes-1 hour before Alvin had to head to work, but we were glad that we were able to do it. After we left, Alvin headed to work, and Easton and I headed home. About 20-30 minutes after we left, Alvin got a call from Kevin, saying that him and Kristin were heading home. Apparently about 10-15 minutes after we left, Kevin's heart beat went back to normal, and since his condition wasn't life threatening, he was able to leave. The doctors said that now that his heart is beating normally, he might never have this problem again, but did give him some things that he could do, if it does happen again. Hopefully, he never has to use them though.
On Wednesday morning, I went into the kitchen to see what Easton was doing because he was really quit. This is what I found...
School Updates
I haven't posted anything about the kids and school lately, so I thought I would now.
Owen and Avari both doing well in school, and still enjoying it.
Owen is doing very well in his high ability Language Arts class. They meet every Friday. Today he told me that the teacher was teaching them 1st grade words. He is continuing to get better at reading, and can even read some books without any help. Alvin and I love listening to him sound out the words, as we read books. They have learned several short "a", "i", and "o" words, and are continuing to add to their word wall words list. They are now learning how to add numbers up to a sum of 5, and he knows all of them. We are very proud of how well Owen is doing in school, and hope that he keeps up the good work. We are also very happy that he is enjoying school too.
Avari, is also continuing to do well in preschool, and she loves going. She was very excited to come home on Feb. 5, with the "Great Job" award! She said that she got it for doing well on her work. Alvin and I were very proud of her! They have learned all the letters up to "Oo", as well as several colors and numbers. This past Tuesday they had their Valentine's party at school, which Avari really enjoyed. Next Tuesday, they get to have Pajama and Pillow Day, as well as a picnic because they will be learning about the letter "Pp". Avari can't wait for this! She is so excited about it!! We are so glad that she loves preschool, and loves seeing all the things that she is learning.
On Wednesday morning, I went into the kitchen to see what Easton was doing because he was really quit. This is what I found...
Easton had gone into the closet, gotten his Pop Snax out, opened them up, and started eating them! I guess he was a little hungry, and couldn't wait until lunch! haha :)
HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!!
Owen wanted all three of them to lay down and make a heart for the picture, so that's what they did. I think it was a really cute idea, and turned out really good.
School Updates
I haven't posted anything about the kids and school lately, so I thought I would now.
Owen and Avari both doing well in school, and still enjoying it.
Owen is doing very well in his high ability Language Arts class. They meet every Friday. Today he told me that the teacher was teaching them 1st grade words. He is continuing to get better at reading, and can even read some books without any help. Alvin and I love listening to him sound out the words, as we read books. They have learned several short "a", "i", and "o" words, and are continuing to add to their word wall words list. They are now learning how to add numbers up to a sum of 5, and he knows all of them. We are very proud of how well Owen is doing in school, and hope that he keeps up the good work. We are also very happy that he is enjoying school too.
Avari, is also continuing to do well in preschool, and she loves going. She was very excited to come home on Feb. 5, with the "Great Job" award! She said that she got it for doing well on her work. Alvin and I were very proud of her! They have learned all the letters up to "Oo", as well as several colors and numbers. This past Tuesday they had their Valentine's party at school, which Avari really enjoyed. Next Tuesday, they get to have Pajama and Pillow Day, as well as a picnic because they will be learning about the letter "Pp". Avari can't wait for this! She is so excited about it!! We are so glad that she loves preschool, and loves seeing all the things that she is learning.




No comments:
Post a Comment