Friday, January 11, 2013

One Last Holiday Party

Friday night, my parents watch the kids, while Alvin and I went to one last holiday party.  It was the church's Epiphany party.  For those of you that don't know, Alvin still does the set-ups at the church (funerals, Sunday school, religion, etc.), so he is always invited to the holiday parties.  They used to have a yearly Christmas party, but a couple of years ago, they decided that since Christmastime is so busy, they would do an Epiphany party instead.  They also usually held the party on a weekday afternoon, and only the church staff was invited.  This year, for the first time, the people in charge, decided to have it in the evening, and invite spouses too.  We started out with supper at Fleig's, which was really good.  Then we all went back to the priest house, for desserts, drinks, a couple of games, including an "Ugly (or Dirty) Santa" gift exchange.  I apparently unwrapped several popular gifts because mine kept getting stolen from me.  I did end up going home with a 2.5 gallon shop vac, and Alvin brought home, and small LED lantern and flashlight set.  I'm pretty sure Alvin will get more use out of my gift, than I will, but the lantern and flashlight will come in very handy when we go camping in our camper!  I also won a door prize, which was a gift box filled with 2 wine bottles, a bottle holder, and a topper...everyone kept wanting to steal that gift too! : )  It was a nice party, and Alvin and I both had a lot of fun!

Saturday afternoon, we met Forrest (one of Alvin's coworkers) and his wife, Alice, and Homestead Pizza for lunch.  A long time ago, Alvin was telling Forrest how we used to work there, and that the owners are his relatives, and Forrest said that he needs to try it out sometime.  They had been trying to find a day that works for quite awhile now.  Alvin talks about Forrest a lot, but I had never met him before, so it was nice getting to meet him and his wife.
We spent Saturday night at home.  The kids wanted to get McDonald's and have a picnic in the living room, so that's what we did.  Then we took turns playing the Wii.  It was really nice just chilling out at home.
It's so nice to have at least one person to help me keep the house clean! : )
I'm almost positive that this is Easton's favorite Christmas gift. 
Doing the dance moves on Wii's Nickelodeon Dance 2.
Owen and Avari had the remotes, but Easton didn't care.  Anytime a new song came on, He would stand right on front of the TV and shake his booty!  It was so cute!
I'm pretty sure that's the box that my wine and accessories came in, but I will definitely take this little gift over the wine, any day! :)


Sunday, after church and Sunday school, we went to Ponderosa, with my parents.  Afterwards, Alvin and dad took the kids home, while mom and I went ti Walmart.

Monday, Avari started going to gymnastics again.  They were on a break, since the week before Christmas, so Avari was really excited to go back!

On Tuesday, Avari started preschool again.  She really likes school, and was so happy to finally be going back.  I'm so glad that she enjoys it, and even happier that she is doing well in school.

No comments:

Post a Comment