Friday, September 21, 2012

Owen is 6!!!

Six years ago, on Sept. 19, Alvin and I started one of the best adventures ever, when our baby boy decided to bless us with his presence 2-1/2 weeks early!  We have enjoyed every minute of it, and love the little boy that he is growing up to be!  He is such a caring little boy, and a great big brother (most of the time).  Even though he loves to pick on his little brother and sister a lot, he is really good at watching out for them.  He has learned so much this past year, that I can't remember it all.  Two of the biggest accomplishments were learning to tie his shoes, and ride his bike without training wheels!

Saturday morning, Emily, April, and I did our annual hot chocolate, donuts, and yardsaling at Christmas Lake Village.  It's a good thing that we mainly look forward to the hot chocolate, donuts, and spending time together without the kids because none of us really found anything.  We got back to my house around 11:30, and Alvin and I worked on getting things ready for Owen's birthday party.
He wanted a Camouflage/Military themed birthday party this year, so I made camouflage cupcakes to go along with the cupcake cake that I ordered from Walmart.  They were really easy to make, and turned really cute (I think so anyways : ) ).
Saturday evening was spent celebrating Owen's 6th birthday with family and friends.  Owen had a lot of fun, and hopefully everyone else did too.
The camo cupcakes before they were put in the oven.
The camo cupcakes after they came out of the oven.
(I put orange icing on top, but forgot to take a picture.)
Kenley, Kennedy, Aubrey
Easton
Bryce
Lance, Avari, Kennedy
Colson wearing one of Avari's dress-up tops.
Avari wanted it on, and of course, as soon as I put it on her, she wanted off.  Well, Colson saw it, and wanted to wear it then...his daddy was so proud!!  LOL
Kaden. Owen, Kennedy
"Rangers" t-shirt and sock hat and Legos from Uncle Danny, Aunt Nettie, and Lance
Angry Birds game jeans from Aunt Ann, Uncle Duane, and Bryce
Mohawk hat (Kristin made), and Batman and the Joker TRIO sets from Uncle Kevin, Aunt Kristin, Kennedy, and Kaden
A farming set, clothes, and money from Grandma and Grandpa Schum
Clothes (that's the only thing he wanted) from Aunt Emily, Uncle Adam, Addison, and Kenley
Military themed bedding and wall decals, soccer cleats, shin guards, and socks from mom, dad, Avari, and Easton
Toy digger and money from Grandma and Grandpa Schum
Easton helping me pick up the wrapping paper.
Owen, Kaden, and Chase
Jillian, Adi, Owen, Chase, Lance, Bryce, Avari, Kennedy, Kenley
Easton and Kaden

Wednesday was Owen's birthday.  Since he is in school now, he couldn't pick what he wanted to eat for lunch, like I usually let the kids do, so he got to pick his supper.  Owen wanted to go to Grandy's for fried chicken, corn, mashed potatoes, and gravy.  So that's where we went.  He also asked my parents if they wanted to go along.  After we got back, Alvin had to leave for work.  My parents stayed at our house, and the Schipps came over after Adi's girl scout meeting.  We sang "Happy Birthday" to Owen, and ate some camo cupcakes.
Nothing he would rather be doing on his birthday! : )
Owen had some little helpers...including Sadie.
Grandma and Grandpa Schum gave Owen 6$ because he's six. : )
We gave him a football and a soccer ball.
HAPPY 6th BIRTHDAY OWEN!
Too cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment