Friday night the kids and I went to my parents' house to see how mom was feeling. She had knee surgery on Thursday. She was (and continues to be) doing well. She had been walking around a little at a time, and was having only a little pain. We are all hoping for a speedy recovery. While we were there the kids have fun playing with Daisy's puppies.
Owen giving Ninja a ride.
Ninja is Owen, Avari, and Easton's puppy.
Chunk is Addison and Kenley's puppy.
Owen, Adi, Kenley, and Avari hanging out in the barn after we out the puppies away.
Saturday morning, Emily and I walked the "A Run to Remember" 5K. It was a walk at Good Samaritan Community Living Center to raise money and awareness for Alzheimer's and Dementia. Owen and Avari stayed with Adam, while Easton came along with us because Adam feel comfortable keeping him. I walked it in 42 minutes, which I thought was a pretty good, considering I was pushing a stroller. Emily did push Easton half the time. We stayed together the whole time, until the end. Batteries Now started construction a week early on the driveway that connects to the Good Samaritan road, so we had to make a detour at the end. We had to go over the curb, and through the grass, mud, and rocks before getting back onto a paved surface. That slowed me down because I couldn't push the stroller as fast. Oh well, I didn't mind, it was just nice to get some exercise.
Saturday afternoon, we went to my favorite Godson's birthday party. Ok, so he's my only Godson, but that's not important! :) Ethan turned 1 on Aug. 26th, but this was the first weekend that worked for April and Thad. Ethan seemed to enjoy his party, especially the cake! Owen and Avari enjoyed playing with all their cousins, while Easton enjoyed the attention. He was smiling at anybody that would talk to him. :)
HAPPY 1st BIRTHDAY ETHAN!
Enjoying his cake!
Most of the kids playing in the "hot pool" as they called it.
Front ~ Avari, Owen, Gavin, Adi, Kenley, and Jillian
Back ~ Aden and Ella
They didn't want to get out, not even while it was raining!
The party wore Easton out. :)
He doesn't care for the pacifier, but is really starting to like hugging his blankies.
Ethan and his Godparents
Sunday, we went to church, and then spent most of the day at home. Owen and Avari helped Alvin make spaghetti sauce, while I took care of Easton, and straightened up the house. While Avari and Easton were taking naps, I ran to Walmart to get things for Owen's upcoming birthday party. I picked up a pizza on the way home, and met the rest of the family at my parents' house.
This Tuesday, Sept. 13, Owen was awarded the Star Student Award for that day. He earned it for doing great work! We are very proud of him! It is a great way to start off the school year, and we hope he keeps it up! That day they learned and wrote the letter Aa, had Show and Tell, and got to play outside. For Show and Tell, they had to bring something that made them feel safe and secure. It was a no brainer as to what Owen would bring....his blue dog blankie!! Owen has been attached to that think since he was a baby!
Easton loves the hat his Aunt Kristin made for him!
We had to update our tractor picture.
We added a new baby and a new tractor and wagon since the last one. :)




No comments:
Post a Comment