Friday, August 26, 2011

School's Back In! / More Birthday Parties!

This past week, began with school starting again, and ended with two more birthday parties!

North Spencer and Southeast Dubois started school on Tues. Aug. 16, which meant that I got Gavin back.  This year, I also got his younger brother, Alec, because he started kindergarten.  While I really enjoyed being able to sleep in a little longer, it's nice getting back into more of a routine.  Plus, Owen was really excited about the boys coming back! I also got Carter and Mason back right away because Brandy is subbing for a teacher who is on maternity leave at Pine Ridge Elem.  It was definitely a little hectic going from having 5 kids all day to having 7 kids, plus 2 more in the morning and afternoon, but we all survived!  Once everyone is back in the school routine, it will get a little easier though.  This school year, is little sentimental for me because it is the last one that I'll have without any of my kids involved (for the next 18-19 years anyways)!  It's so hard to believe that Owen will be starting kindergarten next year!  From looking at other people's pictures of their kids' first day school, I have realized that I'm totally not ready for Owen to go to school!!  I know I have a whole year yet, to prepare myself, but I'm pretty sure I still won't be ready, and that I'll be one of those mom's that cries on their kid's first day of school!  I guess we will see when next year comes, but for now I'm going to enjoy my last school year with all my kids at home!

Friday evening, the kids and I went to Shalyn and Brent's house for Colin's 5th birthday party!  His birthday was August 18th.  It is so hard to believe that he is 5 years old already!  Owen and Avari had a lot of fun playing with all their little buddies!  They didn't want to leave, even though it was WAY past their bedtime, and they were going to see the same kids the next day at Kennedy's birthday party!  Easton must have thought the party was pretty boring because he slept almost the whole time!  Haha!  I must admit though that it made it a lot easier on me, since Alvin wasn't there to help me out.
HAPPY 2nd BIRTHDAY KENLEY!!
(Kenley turned 2 on Aug.19)
Owen, Avari, Kennedy, and Norah
Kenley, Kennedy, and Avari
What great teamwork!
Apparently the battery died, so Owen, Adi, Norah, and Kennedy pushed it up the driveway.
HAPPY 5th BIRTHDAY COLIN!!
Shalyn and Brent used trick candles, so Owen, Addison, and Madison helped him blow them out.  I guess since blowing wasn't working, Owen thought that a toy gun could do it! :)
Colin (aka Thor) and Owen (aka Captain America)
Avari, Addison, and Madison

Saturday Kennedy turned 3 years old! That afternoon we went to her birthday party!  She had a Tinkerbell party, which Avari LOVED!!  For those of you that don't know, Avari loves Tinkerbell, Strawberry Shortcake, Ariel, and Chicken Little (yeah, I know, this one doesn't really go), and she will tell you this anytime you ask her who she likes!  Owen and Avari had a blast playing with all their buddies again!  It's a good thing all the kids get along so well because they have definitely been seeing a lot of each other lately with all the birthday parties we've had these last few months.  The night ended with a campfire, which the kids really liked.  Easton again spent most of his time snoozing.  It's definitely a very good thing that he can sleep through almost anything because the kids are definitely not quiet when they are all together!
Kennedy, Jillian, Avari, and Kenley
Avari taking her turn on the slip-n-slide
Owen's turn on the slip-n-slide
Easton enjoying the party! :-p
HAPPY 3rd BIRTHDAY KENNEDY!!

Sunday evening we went to my parents' house.  The Schipps were also there.  The kids had fun checking out Daisy's two new puppies (that were born on Aug. 11), and racing around mom and dad's back yard.
Yes, Avari is holding the back of her skirt. :)  Apparently, it's not made to race in! haha
Kenley, Avari, Owen, Adi, and Adam
I'm pretty sure Kenley lost this race, and that she couldn't have cared less! :)
Run, Avari, Run!!
Of course, we had to sit on Papaw's tractor!

No comments:

Post a Comment