First time all the Schum cousins went to the park!
Monday, Aug. 15, was the last day of summer vacation. I thought it would be nice to take the kids to the park before all the other kids came back, so that's what we did! We stopped by Wendy's to get food, and then went to the park. After everyone ate, the kids played on the playground for awhile. After the park, we went to Alvin's parents' house. Alvin had to throw down hay, and Addison has been wanting to go there to see the cows. They also got to see the new puppies and kittens!
First time Avari got to feed Easton!
She had been wanting to feed him for some time now, so I finally decided to let her try it. She fed him about as long as it took me to get my camera and take this picture! :) Then she said he was too heavy, and she was done!
First time Avari got piggy tails!
I was wondering if her hair was long enough to put in to piggy tails. She had two Purdue bows that Katie had given her, so with a little bribing, she let me do it! I told her that Katie had given her the bows, and asked her if she wanted to put them in her hair, and then send a picture of her to Aunt Katie...she was all for it then! :)
First time Easton smiled!
Actually, Easton started smiling on August 17, but this is the first one I got with my camera! He has been smiling a lot, especially when someone talks to him. He is also starting to make cooing noises! It is so cute! He loves when Owen and Avari talk to him. They can get him to smile so easily most of the time!
Easton smiling and "talking" to mommy!
First time Avari fell asleep sitting up!
Yep....she was so tired she fell asleep sitting straight up on the couch! :)
Another first for Easton, is that he has finally started sleeping through the night. He has always gone about 5-6 hours between nighttime feedings, but this past week, he has started going from 9:00 or 10:00 pm until 6:00-7:00 am! I had been told to enjoy those nighttime feeding/bonding times because eventually I will miss them. That might turn out to be true, but right now, I'm definitely enjoying not having to get up....some nights anyways! I still have those nights where Owen or Avari might get up, but luckily, it's not every night! Plus, when they do wake up, it's not for very long. I have realized that, once you have kids, you can never expect a full night's sleep again, but I wouldn't change it for anything!
Owen had a couple of firsts this past weekend....Sunday at Holiday World, he rode the Jungle Racers in Splashin' Safari for the first time! Unfortunately, I didn't get a picture because I was with Avari. He said that it was fun, but didn't know if he wanted to do it again! He also rode Reindeer Games (the kid version of the Liberty Launch)! He LOVED this ride, and ended up riding it three times!!
Owen, me, Addison, Emily
Gavin, Owen, another girl, Adam, Addison
I also had a first this past weekend....Two months after having Easton, I was able to fit into a pair of pre-pregnancy jeans!!! WHOOT!! WHOOT!! Granted they didn't fit quite the same, but I was still able to wear them!! Anyone that has had a baby, knows that's a GREAT feeling!!
So that's the update on a few of the "firsts" around the Boeglin household.






No comments:
Post a Comment