Monday, August 22, 2011

The Big 3-0!! / Birthday Parties / Easton's Baptism

On Thursday, August 11, I said good bye to my 20s and hello to my 30s!  I must say I was a little depressed about turning 30, but it actually isn't all the bad!  What's really great is that I got to share it with Emily and Shalyn!  If you have to grow old anyways, it's a lot more fun (and bearable) to be able to do it at the exact same time as your sister and best friend!  I'm hoping that my next 30 years are filled with as many fun times, and great memories as my last 30 years have been!
We didn't have a big celebration, but it was still a great day.  Alvin picked up food from Denny's for lunch, and a Red Velvet cake for dessert!  After we ate, I took Owen and Avari to Holiday World, with Emily and the girls because it was the last time we could go during the week.  Emily's mother-in-law, sisters-in-law, and her nephews were also there that day.  Alvin played with Easton, well I think he actually took a nap with Easton, until he had to leave for work, and then took him to my parents' house.  We brought Kringles pizza along home, and went to Emily and Adam's house to eat it.  My parents and Katie brought Easton in, and Adam's family also came over.  After we ate the pizza and breadsticks, we all enjoyed ice cream cake!
HAPPY 30th BIRTHDAY TO ME!!
Avari and Owen in SplashLand and Holiday World
Avari's 1st time on the Liberty Train

Friday evening, Aug. 12, Owen got to have a sleepover with Aunt Katie for his birthday!  His birthday isn't actually until Sept. 19, but since Katie might not be home again until Christmas, she did it now.  He was super excited about it!  All day long he kept asking me when Katie was going to pick him up!  They picked out two movies (a Power Rangers one, and "How to Tame Your Dragon"), and got food from Subway (where he got a Green Lantern kids meal that he was happy about).  He definitely had a lot of fun!  Avari was also there for a little while because mom, Easton, and I went to Walmart.  Since Owen was having a sleepover with Aunt Katie, I told Avari she could have a sleepover with me!  She was super excited about it!


Saturday, Aug. 13, I spent the morning and early afternoon cleaning the house and getting it ready for lunch after Easton's baptism on Sunday.  Later that afternoon, we went to Emily and Adam's for Kenley's Dora themed 2nd birthday party!  Owen and Avari had a lot of fun playing with Adi and Kenley, and even more fun when their little friends surprisingly arrived!  Alvin, Emily, Adam, and I were all just as surprised as the kids when we found out Kenley's party was turning into a surprise 30-ish birthday party for all four of us!!  It was a 30-ish party because Alvin won't actually be 30 until Sept. 22.  Katie was the one behind getting it together, with some help from the families.  Even though I hate being surprised, it was very sweet and thoughtful of her to pull this all together for us!  We appreciated it very much, and it was a lot of fun celebrating our 30th birthdays with everyone!
HAPPY 2nd BIRTHDAY KENLEY!!
Our "30-ish" birthday cake and Thad's "31st" birthday cake.
Thad's birthday was on Saturday.

Sunday, Aug. 14, Easton got baptized.  He wore the baptismal gown that I wore, when I was baptized.  He did very well, after he got a bottle.  The baptism was after 10:30 mass, which was also around the time that Easton would want to eat again.  I was hoping he would make it through, but when he's hungry, he's hungry!  He went through the whole baptism drinking his bottle, but at least he was content! :)  After the baptism, everyone came back to our house for lunch.  The rest of the afternoon was spent visiting, while all the kids played.
The kids helping Fr. Jack bless the water before he baptized Easton.
Mother's Blessing
Father's Blessing
Easton and Fr. Jack
~Easton and his Godparents~
Adam Schipp and Ann Metz
Easton with his Grandpa and Grandma Schum
Easton with his Grandma and Grandpa Boeglin 
~4 Generations~
Easton with his Great-Grandma Betz, his daddy, and his Grandma Boeglin
Avari taking her doggie (and stroller) for a wagon ride. :)
Owen and Kenley

We had another busy, but fun-filled weekend, and having our little boy officially become a member of our church family was a great way to end it!  Now to prepare for our busy week, which includes the school kids coming back!

I'm trying to catch up on my posts so check back soon for a couple more new ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment