Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Christmas Cookies / Big Accomplishment

I can't believe that Friday is Christmas already!!  Where has the year gone!  Friday night the kids and I went to my parents' house for our annual Christmas cookie and goodies making with mom, Katie, and Emily.  We made chocolate chip cookies, white chocolate covered pretzels, and chocolate covered peanut butter balls.  Usually we make sugar cookies too, but we didn't have time to make and decorate them this year.  Owen and Addison had a lot of fun helping (and tasting) the different treats. :)  Avari had fun keeping Kenley busy, and by that  I mean taking Kenley's toys. ;)

Owen helping me mix the ingredients for peanut butter balls....

...and tasting the peanut butter to make sure it was good. :)

Our little helpers!

Avari and Kenley playing...well, actually it's Kenley watching Avari take her toys. :)

Avari liked to use the walker toy, to make her way out to the kitchen and see what was going on.

Saturday morning, Avari and I went to Jasper with mom and Katie, while dad watched Owen.  Santa was at Walmart, and the lady taking pictures asked if I wanted to get Avari's picture taken with Santa.  I didn't think Avari would be to keen with the idea, but decided to try it.  I was right, she didn't like Santa.  Well, actually she liked Santa until he talked to her, then she would cry.  If he didn't talk to her, she would just stare at him, but as soon as her would say something to her, she would start crying.  We did get a cute picture of Avari sitting on my lap next to Santa, and looking up at him.  Alvin had to work Saturday night, so the kids and I stayed at mom and dad's that evening.  They were watching Adi and Kenley, so the kids got to play together again.

Sunday, I took the kids church.  At the end of mass the kids can to go the front of church for an activity paper.  Well, this week, Owen actually went all the way to the front, got the paper, and came back by himself.  As most of you know, Owen is a pretty shy kid, so for him to do that, is a big accomplishment.  He has wanted to go up before, but always wanted Alvin or me to go with him because he said that the other kids scared him.  I was very proud of him!  We spent Sunday at home cleaning the house, and wrapping Christmas presents.

Owen helped me wrap a couple of presents.  Then he got bored, and went to play.

Avari had fun bouncing on Owen's old zebra toy, while we wrapped presents.

We had a good weekend, and can't wait for all the Christmas festivities we have coming up!

No comments:

Post a Comment