This week the Boeglin household was bit by the flu bug. :( Katie got a viral flu last Saturday, and Owen happened to be around her that day. By Tuesday afternoon, the bug got Owen. Thursday night, I caught it...and little did I know, Alvin did too, but he was at work. Luckily, he made it through work, but not without feeling like total crap. Fortunately, I didn't start feeling really bad, until after I got that kids to bed (which wasn't easy with a three year that was finally feeling better, and kept asking what was wrong with mommy, instead of just going to bed like I kept asking him to do :) ), and I felt better by Friday morning (just really tired). Alvin stayed home from work Friday night, and finally started feeling better that evening. Luckily, Avari hasn't caught it, and neither have any of the kids I watch, except for Addison...hopefully it will stay that way. It is nice to have everyone healthy and again, and hopefully this is our only visit from the flu bug this season.
Thursday afternoon, Emily and I took the kids' pictures for our Christmas cards. It was a lot of work getting them to do what we wanted, but we did get some good pictures. Thursday evening, Katie and mom came over to help Owen decorate a Christmas tree that Katie brought for him and Avari. Owen is really likes it, and we have to turn it on every day.
A couple of the Christmas pictures.
Owen and Avari posing in front of their Christmas tree!
Saturday, we were suppose to go to a Christmas party at a friend's house, but since we were all sick during the week, we didn't go, to avoid taking the chance of spreading the virus. Instead, Emily and I went to Walmart, to do some grocery shopping, and Christmas shopping. That evening, the kids and I got together with April and Gavin, and Emily and the girls,. Since they had already had the flu, we didn't have to worry about spreading it them. Alvin had to work this Saturday, so he couldn't come along. The kids had a lot of fun playing together.
Jumping in Gavin's crib...
and jumping in Gavin's race car bed!
Sunday afternoon, we took Avari's 9 month pictures. One of the backgrounds from Thursday was still up, so Alvin and I decided to try taking them ourselves. That evening we went to mom and dad's house to up them put up their Christmas tree and some indoor decorations.
St. Nick made a visit to our house!
a couple of Avari's 9-month pictures
Owen helping us decorate Grandma and Grandpa's tree.
Great pictures I'm glad everyone is feeling better.
ReplyDelete