As most of you know, our baby finally decided to enter the world. Avari Grace was born at 6:45 am on Monday (her due date). She weighed 7 lb 1 oz and was 20 inches long. She beat Owen in weight, but not length. Owen was 6 lb 3 oz and 21 1/2 inches long. The nurses weighed Avari twice because Dr. Beckman thought that she looked smaller than Owen. She waited until her due date to come, but she came on her own. I started having contractions Sunday afternoon, and we got to the hospital at 9:30 pm. It was a long sleepless night, but everything went smoothly. We came home Wednesday afternoon. Now we are just trying to adjust to having two kids, and the sleepless nights. It does seem to be a little easier this time around. I think because I know more about what to expect. Owen has been adjusting very well. He wasn't to sure about her at first, but he has come around. Alvin said that when he told Owen that they were picking me and Avari up from the hospital, Owen told him that Avari had to stay at the hospital, so that the nurses could watch her. He didn't mind her coming home though. He has been a very good big brother. He likes to help me feed her, and give her sponge baths. He also likes to give her kisses. Hopefully this will keep going. He has had his jealous spells, but not too many. People told me that it will seem like Owen grew up over night once the baby comes. I must say that seems to be true. He seems so much bigger now. I am only able to post a few pictures now, but hopefully I will be able to put more hospital pictures on soon.
Giving Avari a kiss

Big Brother and Little Sister
Helping mommy feed Avari
Avari with the gifts that Owen gave her
Boeglin Family
Owen checking out his new little sister
Avari Grace Boeglin
Dr. Beckman & Avari




Avari is beautiful! Congrats on your newest addition! We can't wait to meet her!
ReplyDelete