Wednesday, March 11, 2009

1 Week Old Already! Big Boy Underwear!

It's hard to believe the Avari is 1 week old already. Things are going pretty good. Avari is a pretty content baby. She usually only cries when she is hungry or needs to be changed. I'm really hoping that it stays that way. The only thing she needs to change is her 2:00am wake-up call. She has been waking up at 2:00am to eat, and not going back to sleep until 5:00 or 6:00. Then Owen usually wakes up at 7:30-8:00. Since Alvin is working nights, I get to be the lucky one that gets up with Avari every time, and then with Owen in the morning. Hopefully, Avari will change that really soon. Owen seems to be adjusting to having a new baby around the house pretty well. He does have his jealous spells, and has started throwing some temper-tantrums, but nothing really bad.
Owen's Big News: Potty training has been going really well. He actually started telling us when he needed to use the bathroom a couple of weeks before Avari was born. I didn't know how it would go after we had Avari. I have heard that kids can go backwards when a new baby comes because they want the attention. So far, we have been really lucky. Owen is still doing great with the potty training. He has actually been wearing big boy underwear since Sunday, and not had an accident in them. He still wears a pull-up at night because I'm not brave enough to try underwear all night long. He is excited about picking out big boy underwear, so we will be doing that this weekend.
Here are some more pictures of Avari and Owen.

Grandpa & Grandma Boeglin
Grandpa & Grandm Schum
The Boeglin Brothers & Cousins
The Schum Cousins

The Proud Big Brother!
Giving Avari a Kiss

No comments:

Post a Comment