I can't believe another school year is over! It seemed to go by so fast! I have to admit, that I'm really looking forward to summer though. It will be nice to not have to worry about homework, getting to bed early, and waking up early. I don't really know how much learning was done, these last four days of school, but I know Owen had fun!
Monday was Move-Up Day, for the current students. Owen found out that he will have Mrs. Beck next year. She is currently that kindergarten teacher, but since next year's kindergarten class is small, they don't need three teachers. Since Owen's class is so big, they always need three classes, so Mrs. Beck will be going to 2nd grade.
Tuesday was Walk To School Day. All kids got dropped off at the YMCA, and then walked from there to school. Parents and siblings could walk along, so Emily, Kenley, Avari, Easton, Lance, and I did just that. Tuesday afternoon, Avari and Lance had Move-Up Day. We all met in the gym, and the Kindergarten teachers called out the kids who were in their class, and had them line up. Then they led them to their classrooms, while Mrs. Kitchin talked to the parents. Avari will have Mrs. Patton, who also taught Alvin in kindergarten. Lance will have Mrs. Lindauer, which is who Owen had. They both are really excited about going to kindergarten in the Fall!
Wednesday was Awards Day at school. Owen received a Principal's Award for getting all "1s" for effort in his special classes. We are very proud of him!
Thursday was the last day of school! This meant that it was Field Day and Hat Day! They played games, and did crafty activities outside in the morning. In the afternoon, they had a Variety Show. Since Emily works a 1/2 day on Thursday, her, the younger kids, and I walked to the school, to watch the Variety show, even though Owen and Adi didn't participate. It was really cute! After the Variety Show, the kids went back outside, and got sprayed by the fire hose, that is one the fire department's ladder truck. All the kids LOVED that!! Thank goodness, we were walking home because the kids were pretty wet. We stopped by the Ferdy Flyer on out way home for ice cream, as a way to celebrate the end of another school year.
I can't believe that this Fall we will have a 2nd grader, a Kindergartener, and a 1st year Preschool! They are growing up WAY to fast!
1st Day of 1st Grade Last Day of 1st Grade




No comments:
Post a Comment