Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Tomatoes & the Church Picnic

Saturday morning, I loaded tomatoes and green beans into the Trailblazer, and the kids and I headed to my parents' house.  My dad was going to be working up a bunch of tomatoes, and he said that if I bought our down, he would help me.  I had picked green beans earlier in the week, but never got a chance to break them up, so I thought I could work on those while we were there.
When we got down there, I steam mopped the floors for my mom, so that she wouldn't have to do it.  Then mom and I sat outside and broke up green beans, while Owen and dad ran to Sander Processing, and Avari and Easton played in the yard.  The rest of the afternoon was spent working up tomatoes, and playing with the kids.  My dad made pizza sauce and pasta sauce for Katie. Then he ran my tomatoes through, so that Alvin could make salsa on Sunday night.
Alvin had to work Saturday night, but he came down to my parents' house for a little while before work and finished helping my dad run our tomatoes through.  That evening, Alvin went to work, and the kids at I hung out at my parents' house with mom and dad, and the Schipps.
Easton had to hold Bailey until my dad and Owen left because Bailey kept jumping into the truck, so she could go along.
Easton helping Mamaw and I break green beans.

While my dad and I were working on tomatoes, mom, Avari, and Owen decided to make a "surprise" for us.  Unfortunately, I found out what it was because mom didn't have enough eggs, and I had to run home and get some out of our refrigerator. : )  The guys didn't know what it was though, and it bugged them.  They kept asking the kids and me, what was going on.  Haha
Avari and Mamaw making their surprise...zucchini bread.
Owen and Mamaw making their surprise....zucchini muffins.

Sunday was our church picnic.  I was asked to help out in the money room, and agreed to volunteer.  I was scheduled to work from 1:00-2:30, so we let the kids play games, ride on the barrel train, and go through the bounce house/slide before I had to go work.  While I sat in a room, waiting to count some money, Alvin and the kids enjoyed the picnic.  After my shift, we ate some food, and then headed home.

No comments:

Post a Comment