Thursday, August 8, 2013

1st Grade, Here He Comes!

I can't believe how fast summer vacation went!  Although, starting a week earlier than last year, doesn't help.  Owen started 1st grade today.  He wasn't ready to go back because he didn't want to wake up early in the morning (his exact words).  I'm glad that's the only reason he didn't want to go back to school. : -)  Luckily, I didn't have any trouble getting him up and ready for his first day.  And luckily, the first day of school this year was A LOT easier on me than the first day of school was last year.

I can't believe Owen is a first grader already!  This will bring some changes with it.  First of all, this will be the first time that Owen and Adi won't be in the same class.  This is a big change because they have been together almost all day, every day (during the week), since Adi was about 3 months old.  Now they will pretty much only see each other after school.  Second, this year Owen will have homework almost every night.  Last year, he very seldom had homework.  This year he will have moth homework, spelling words to practice, and stories to read.

Owen's teacher is Mr. Hall.  I think Alvin was a little happy that Owen got him.  Mr. Hall was his cross country coach in high school, so he knows him pretty good.  He said that he was excited about having Mr. Hall, as a teacher, because he has animals in his room. :) Apparently he has turtles, and fish, and a stuffed owl.  I'm a little worried that only one other boy from Mrs. Lindauer's class went to Mr. Hall's class, so Owen doesn't know most of the other boys very well.  And the boy from his class last year, isn't really someone I want Owen hanging out with because he was a troublemaker last year.  Hopefully, Owen will open up a little more this year, and talk to the other boys in his class.

While this year will bring some changes with it, I think Owen will have fun and do great!  We can't wait to hear about all the new things he is learning in school.

No comments:

Post a Comment