Saturday, July 9, 2011

Introducing Easton Ray Boeglin!!

As you all already know, we had a baby boy on July 1!  Below is the story of his birth and his first week, and a bunch of pictures!

July 1 was my due date.  It was also the day I had my 40-week doctor's appointment.  Since I hadn't gone into labor, I was really hoping Dr. Beckman would offer to induce me.  My mom was off work, so we dropped Owen, Avari, Addison, and Kenley off there, and headed to my appointment, bags packed and in the trunk.  At my appointment, they hooked me up to the monitors, to perform the non-stress test.  The baby's heart rate sounded good, and he was moving around.  Then they did an ultrasound to check my amniotic fluid, which was also really good.  Finally, Dr. Beckman checked me.  He said that I was 3cm dilated!  He asked if I had my bags with me, and I told him yes.  He must not have believed me because he asked a few times.  He told me that since I was 3cm he didn't have a problem inducing me, so Alvin and I headed to the hospital.  All I can say, is that this time was the fastest and easiest labor and delivery of all three!  It was 3:00 by the time they got me all hooked up and the pitocin started, and 5-1/2 hours later, our newest addition arrived!!  Dr. Beckman came in to break my water, and told me that I could have my epidural if I wanted it because he thought I would go pretty quick after he broke it.  He wasn't kidding!!  Within less than 1 hour, I went from 3cm to 7 cm.  The nurse said that she would be checking me more often because I progressed so fast.  She checked me again about 20 mins later, and I was fully dilated.  Once Dr. Beckman got there, I pushed 3-4 times and Easton was here!  The only thing that sucked was that my epidural only took to the left side, but the anesthesiologist gave me a narcotic, (yes, that's really what she called it), it numbed my right side, and I was good to go!  Dr. Beckman also said that when he broke my water he noticed that the baby had had a bowel movement, so if possible I would need to stop pushing as soon as the head came out, so that they could use this suction thing on the baby to prevent anything from going into the lungs.  Luckily, it all worked out.  I was able to stop pushing, and luckily when they suctioned they hardly got anything out.
Since it wasn't too late, we called my parents' house to see if the kids were still awake, and to let them know what he had.  The kids were still awake, so I asked to talk to Owen.  I told him that he had a new baby brother, and he was soo excited!!  My mom said that she wished she would have had a camera, so that we could have seen his eyes when we told him the baby was a boy!!  Avari wasn't nearly as excited, as Owen, but she did want to talk to us.  My parents brought them over on Saturday morning, and the first thin Owen wanted to do was hold his new little brother.  The whole time he was at the hospital, he had to keep checking on his little brother.  Avari, on the other hand, was interested in her little brother at all!!  She didn't want to see him, hold him, or even sit next to him!  Luckily, after she was at the hospital for a little while, she eventually warmed up to him, and would at least look at him.  By Sunday morning, I guess Avari had excepted the fact that she got a brother, and not a sister because she wanted to hold him, and sit by him.
Easton Ray Boeglin
Born at 8:28 pm on Friday, July 1
Weight: 7lb 4oz
Height: 20-3/4"
Easton and Dr. Beckman
Look at his dark hair!
Owen and Avari's first time meeting Easton!
As you can see, Avari was really interested! :)
The VERY proud big brother!
~Our New Family~
Easton with Grandma and Grandpa Schum
Owen and Avari checking out Easton 
Avari eventually wanted to help me feed Easton
Easton with Grandma Boeglin
Easton loves sleeping with his hands up by his face. 
Wide Awake!
After waiting 9 HOURS for Easton to pee we were finally ready to go home!!

That's right it took Easton 9 hours to pee after his circumcision!!  Our plan was to bring him back for his 48 hour screening, so that we wouldn't have to sit at the hospital until 8:30pm Sunday.  Well, I guess Easton had other plans in mind!  He didn't pee until 8:10pm, so we just waited another 20 minutes!  We should have known it would take him awhile to pee because 21 hours after he was born, to have his first pee!!  Luckily, my parents had picked up the kids from the hospital around 1:00, and took them along to my Aunt Carol's 60th birthday party, and my cousin, Cody's, graduation party.  Once we were finally able to leave, we picked up that kids from my parents' house and went home.

Happy 4th of July!
Easton's 1st day at home, also happened to be the 4th of July.  Since my due date was July, 1, we didn't make any big plans.  The first part of the day we spent trying to straighten up the house.  My aunt. Deb, my cousin, Barbara, and her kids, Aubrey and Kaden stopped by to see Easton.  Later in the afternoon, Kevin, Kristin, Kennedy, and Kaden came over.  The guys and kids went swimming for awhile.  Then we ate supper, and played outside.  The kids all seemed to have fun, and really liked throwing snappers on the ground, and playing with big sparklers.  It was definitely a nice way to spend the 4th of July.
HAPPY 4th OF JULY!!
Alvin, Avari, Kennedy, Kevin, Owen, and Kaden
Easton's 1st 4th of July!!
Kaden checking out his new cousin.
Eating twin pops
playing with the big sparklers
Easton's 1st sponge bath at home
Easton sporting the onsie he got from Aunt Katie and Uncle Adam

Tuesday night, Katie and Adam came back from a weekend at Dale Hollow.  My family came up to our house so that they could see them before they headed back to Virginia on Wednesday.  We were glad they were able to meet Easton, and that we got to see them before they left again.
Wednesday afternoon, Easton went on his first outing.  The kids and I had chiropractor appointments, so Alvin and Easton went with us.  Afterwards, we went to McDonalds and Walmart.  It was definitely different taking three kids out, but we had a successful trip, so that was great!
Friday afternoon, I had to take Easton to the doctor for his 1 week weight check.  He now weighs 7lbs 8oz.  He has gained 4oz from his birth weight, and 8oz from when he left the hospital.  Afterwards, we all went to my Great-Aunt Aline's house so that she could meet Easton.  Then, while Alvin did a set-up at church, the kids and I went to Emily and Adam's house.  Adam's sister, brother-in-law, and nephew (Amber, Mike, and Liam), were in town.  Liam is a month older than Easton, so we got to meet him.  He's a real cutie!  When Alvin was done with his set-up, we got pizza and went home.  After supper, Alvin and the kids went swimming, while Easton napped, and I vacuumed the floors.

Easton had a rough night Monday and Tuesday where he didn't go to sleep until 3:00 or 4:00 in the morning.  Luckily, he hasn't had anymore of those nights (knock on wood).  He will usually go about 5 hours before he wakes up the first time, and about 4 hours before he wakes up again.  I definitely can't complain about that!  Hopefully he will keep it up!

It hasn't been too hard adjusting to life with three kids, so far.  I think it really helps that Easton had been such a content baby, and doesn't really demand a lot of attention from you.  The real adjustment will come when Alvin has to go back to work, and I'm on my own at night, getting the kids supper, ready for bed, and to bed.  Hopefully it won't be too hard.

Ok, this is the end of this post....sorry it's so long! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment