Our first attempt was Sunday, April 3rd. She didn't cry, but she definitely didn't want to cooperate with Katie and me. We did manage to get a few of her actually looking at the camera though. Below are some of the better ones from that attempt.
We got her to stay on the swing and smile, by waving a flower in front of her face.
Our second attempt was Saturday, April 9th. I took her to Portrait Innovations, hoping to get a least a couple of pictures of just her, and a couple of her and Owen together. That DID NOT happen!!! Avari was fine while we were sitting in the waiting room, but as soon as we got into the picture room, she starting crying, screaming, and clinging to me! She wouldn't let go of me for anything (trust me we tried everything)! I took her to the bathroom, to try and get her to calm down, and she would, until we got back into the picture room. Then it started all over again! After about 30 minutes of trying to get her to calm down, I decided to just give up because I knew she wasn't going to calm down. I did manage to get a really cute picture of Owen though. I felt horrible about not getting any good pictures of Avari, and didn't want to walk away not buying anything, especially since the lady was so patient, and not pushy at all. So, I bought the picture of Owen, and one of Avari crying. This way I can show it to her when she gets older! :)
Below are the few shots that we got of her, and the one of Owen.
This is the one I got of Avari.
Trying to bribe her with fruit snacks...it didn't work!
She was scooting the chair out of the way.
Sunday, April 10th, Katie, Alvin, Owen, Avari, and I went to the Monastery for our third attempt at getting a 2 year picture. This attempted started off the same way as the others. She started crying as soon as she saw the cameras, and didn't want to take any pictures. Then she didn't want her skirt on either because "it is too big", as she told us. (She is not a big fan of dresses and skirts, which hopefully will change soon because she has several of them.) We took her skirt off which helped a little bit. At least she finally stopped crying and started playing. Eventually, I got her to put her skirt back on. Granted I used a little bribing, but oh well, she put it back on. :) We finally ended up with the picture we decided to use. We got a few other good ones along the way too.
Below are a few shots of our third, and final, picture attempt.
She insisted on wearing her rain boots. :)
Smiling after we finally took her skirt off.
Alvin was pretending to splash himself and Avari with water to get her to laugh.
After we finally got her to put her skirt back her.
(We told her she could wipe her hands and legs on her skirt because she was complaining about them being wet.)
Below are three of the pictures that we liked the best.
This is the one that Alvin and I both liked the most
It took three attempts, but we finally got a picture that we love. I must say we also got several other cute ones, that definitely show a lot of Avari's different personalities.
I'm definitely hoping that her 3 year pictures go a lot smoother. :)
I was trying to catch up on the happenings around the Boeglin household, so there are three more post below. :)













No comments:
Post a Comment