Monday, October 11, 2010

Quiet Weekends / It's Another Boy!

Sorry for the lack of weekly posts lately.  Alvin has had to work two of the last three Saturdays, so we haven't really done much.  Basically that means that I haven't taken many pictures lately either.  I'll try to summarize the last three weekends now.

The last weekend of September, Alvin had to work Saturday night.  My parents watched the kids, while I ran to Walmart.  I will take them with me to Walmart, but if someone offers to watch them, I definitely won't pass it up.  It's SO much easier and faster, if I go by myself! :)  That Sunday we went to the Herbsfest parade with my family.  The kids had fun watching the parade, and especially picking up the candy.

Last weekend, we had Alvin's 10-year class reunion on Saturday.  I know that Alvin enjoyed catching up with a lot of his classmates.  Sunday, after church we went to Ponderosa, with my family.  After, we got home, Alvin stayed with the kids, while mom, Emily, and I went to the hospital to meet the newest addition to the Hartings family!  Congratulations Miller family!!  Bryce Andrew Miller was born early Sunday morning, and he is a handsome little guy!  He joins his big brother, Chase, as well as his mommy and daddy, Janelle and Randy.  Afterwards, we went to my parents house because Katie had just got home from Virginia.  She was home until Thursday afternoon for meetings at work.  It was great seeing her, and I know the kids loved having her home.
~Bryce Andrew Miller~
~The new family of four~
Randy, Chase, Bryce, Janelle
~BROTHERS~

This weekend, the kids and I went to Holiday World for the last time this year, with April, Gavin, and Ethan on Saturday.  As always, the kids had a lot of fun.  Ethan even got to go on his first ride!  April sat on a bench on the carousel with him, while I stood by the horses with Owen, Avari, and Gavin.  Alvin had to work Saturday night again, so after he left, mom went with me and the kids to Lincoln.  I wanted to take Owen's 4 year pictures there for awhile, and it finally worked out weather-wise to do it.  Afterwards, we went back to my parents house for awhile.  Sunday afternoon, we went to the antique tractor and machinery show at Thresherman's Park with my family.  Owen LOVED seeing all the farm equipment!  He is still talking about everything he saw, and probably we be doing so for the next few days too! :)  Avari had fun looking at everything too!  When we got there, we found out that my aunt and uncle, Deb and Joe, were camping there with some friends, so we were able to have a nice visit with them too.  The only bad thing from today was that Owen got stung by a bee right before we left.  Luckily, by the time he got home, and woke up from his nap, it didn't hurt him anymore.


No comments:

Post a Comment