Friday, April 2, 2010

Spring Break / Easter Egg Hunts

Last week was Spring Break, and since two of the kids I watch don't come if there is no school, I got a little break too.  Granted,  I still had four kids here, but a break of any kind is still nice. :)  Monday afternoon, Lindsey and Jillian came over, so that Owen, Adi, and Jillian could play together.  Like always, they had a lot of fun!  Thursday afternoon, Emily, the kids, and I met Katie for lunch.

Friday night, I had Robyn's (Alvin's cousin) bachelorette party, so my parents watched the kids.  It was a lot of fun, and  I can't wait until her wedding!!  Owen said that him and Avari had a lot of fun and mammaw and pappaw's house too!  He told me that I need to go out again soon, so that pappaw could put him to bed again.  As much fun as it was, I don't think I could handle staying out that late again anytime soon...haha!!  I guess the late night wasn't too bad, it was the getting woke up early by a 3-year old who was ready to play, that was hard. :-D
The waiters at Joe's Crab Shank serenading Robyn :)

Saturday afternoon, we went to the Toyota Easter Egg Hunt.  They had an egg hunt, as well as games and carnival rides for the kids.  Owen had a blast riding the rides!  Avari was a little too small to ride them, but had fun just walking around.  They both really enjoyed the egg hunt.  I wasn't sure how Avari would do, but she was a pro.  They both ended up with a basket full of plastic eggs.  Afterwards, we went to my Aunt Deb and Uncle Joe's house for the Hartings' Spring Party.  They had an Easter egg hunt too, so the kids got to hunt more eggs!  They will definitely be pros, by Easter!  It was a good party, and it was great to see most of the family.

Avari liked to look at her Easter eggs...
...and then put them in her basket. :)
Owen and Avari both ended up with a basket full of eggs
Easter egg hunt at Deb and Joe's house
All the little Hartings cousins~

Sunday, after church, we went to Shoney's with Alvin's family for his dad's birthday.  Afterwards, we went to Kevin and Kristin's house.  We all met there before going to Shoney's, and Owen said that he wanted to go back there because he wanted to play with their toys again!  We weren't there very long before we went to eat, so I guess he didn't have enough time to play with them then...haha!  That night we went to my parents' house for supper.

It was a busy, but fun weekend.  Now, we are looking forward to Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment