Wednesday, August 19, 2009

All about the Joneses!

This weekend we spent a lot of time with April, Thad, and Gavin Jones. Thursday, Owen, Adi, and I met April and Gavin at Holiday World. The kids always have a lot of fun at Holiday World. I don't know what they will do when it closes for the season. Friday night, we had Rachael Steckler's bridal shower. Katie is her maid of honor, and did a really good job with the shower. Alvin and Thad went 4 wheeling, so after the shower, I took the kids to April and Thad's house. Owen and Gavin had a lot of fun playing with each other, even though Gavin kept trying to wrestle with Owen (who didn't want to).


Saturday afternoon, Toyota had a Family Celebration Day at the plant. They had food, clowns, and blow up things to jump in. Owen was hot and tired, so he didn't really want to do anything. Avari saw a clown though. She didn't know what to think of him at first, but eventually she smiled at him. That evening we met the Joneses at Chuckie Cheese. It was the first time that Owen has been there, and he had a blast! He even gave Chuckie five! For people that know Owen, you know that's a big deal because normally he doesn't like mascots. April and I actually don't know who had more fun...the boys or the dads. :) Owen keeps saying that he wants to go there again with Adi and Gavi. We will definitely be going back there.

Look at that form!!



Sunday, we canned green beans. We also shucked, cooked, and froze corn. That evening we went to mom and dad's house. The Schipps were also there. They had set up the pool so that Owen and Adi could swim. Avari even got to swim. I think that we might have another water bug on our hands because she loves to splash in the water.
It was a very fun weekend.
Papaw pouring water from the cup for Owen to drive under

1 comment:

  1. I am loving that shooting form!! It's hard to teach a kid the follow through:) Keep up the good work Owen!!

    ReplyDelete