Thursday, April 23, 2009

A Wedding & A Baptism

We had a very busy weekend. My friend, Kendra Wessel, got married on Saturday. I read in the wedding, so I went to the rehearsal on Friday night. Saturday, I went to Kendra and Terry's wedding mass, while Alvin stayed home with the kids. He didn't go because Owen needed a nap, and Avari had to eat. Plus, we thought that Owen might fuss when I went up to read, and he couldn't go with me because he has been doing that during church lately, when I have to go change Avari's diaper. While I was gone, Alvin and Owen played a little baseball. On Good Friday, Danny, Mary, Ashley, Brian Schum, and Tonya, Derek, and Adalyn Freihaut came to visit. They gave Owen a baseball and a bat, and Saturday was the first time he got to play with it outside. Alvin said that Owen had fun playing with it. I think that it will get a lot of use, when the weather gets warmer. That evening we went to the reception. They had a beautiful wedding and a fun reception. Sunday, Avari got baptized. She wore that baptismal gown that I wore when I got baptized. She did very well. She fussed a little when they poured the water on her head, but mostly she just slept. Afterwards, everyone came back to our house. That evening we just relaxed, and got things ready for the week.
Below are some pictures from the baptism and the wedding.


Avari in my baptismal gown


Fr. Jack & Avari
Avari & her godparents

Mr. & Mrs. Terry Begle
Shalyn, Emily, Kendra, & me

Norah & Avari enjoying their first wedding ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment