This past week was St. Ferdinand's Vacation Bible School. Owen, Avari, Addison, and Kenley were excited about going again, This year Easton was able to go too. Since he's not really a "people person", and he normally very shy around people he doesn't know, and new places, I decided to volunteer to be a group leader for his preschool group. I figured that was the only way I was going to get him to stay. Since they put first and second year preschoolers together, I also has Kaden Boeglin and Kenley in my class. I think that helped Easton a little bit, but he still wouldn't let me get too far from him. He did really well for his first year, though. Owen and Avari at a blast, and have said that they can't wait to go back again next year. Easton said he wants to go again too, but I have to be his leader again. Even though leading preschoolers can be a real handful at times, I'm sure I will be leading Easton's class again because the kids were a lot of fun.
Wednesday was my dad's 60th birthday! Owen had a practice baseball game at Pine Ridge, but we went to my parents' house afterwards to celebrate.
HAPPY 60th BIRTHDAY PAPAW!!
Nettie was one of the Bible Story teachers for VBS. She taught my preschool class, which I think also helped Easton get involved.
One day he even sat on her lap! For anyone that knows Easton, this is a big deal because he normally doesn't want anybody but Alvin, my mom, or myself! Nettie definitely felt special that day! Haha
Friday evening was the closing celebration for VBS. The kids performed their songs, and then we were all invited outside for a grill out. They also had an inflatable bounce house, and obstacle course for the kids.
Since I was a group leader, I didn't know how easy it would be for me to take pictures at the closing celebration, so I decided to take some Friday morning, while they were rehearsing. Good thing I did because I didn't get to take any that evening. Plus, Owen was playing in a baseball tourney, so he couldn't go to the closing. Easton was standing on the steps, ready to sing, until I had to go after another little boy. When he didn't know where I went, he got upset, and I could't get him to go back up there for anything. He spent the whole time sitting on my lap. Avari had fun, and did very good at the closing. I'm telling you, that girl loves to perform!
Avari and Lance
Owen (red shirt, middle of picture)
Kenley, Easton, and Kaden
Kadon and Easton holding hands for one part of their song.
It was really cute seeing them do that.
Kennedy (purple hair puff), Lance (green shirt), and Avari (blue shirt)
Kenley (blue shirt), Kaden (dark blue shirt), Easton (yellow shirt)
Avari performing at the VBS closing.
Thanks to Emily for the picture. :-)
Late Saturday morning, we met my parents at the Celestine Street Fest. They had an Antique Tractor show that they boys really wanted to check out. Needless to say, they loved looking at all the tractors. They even got to sit on a few of them.















No comments:
Post a Comment