The end of this past week was filled with a variety of events.
Katie, Adam, and the dogs came home late Wednesday night. While Katie worked remotely on Thursday, Adam brought the dogs up to run with Sadie, and hung out with the kids and I. Katie came up for lunch, and then they both headed back to my parents' house.
Thursday afternoon, Ferdinand Elementary held a blood drive and a "be the match" bone marrow drive in honor of Marc Rogier. He is a 22 year from Ferdinand who was recently diagnosed with Severe Aplastic Anemia. Alvin and I both signed up to give blood. I went in in the afternoon, but unlike last year, I was able to give blood this year because my iron was too low. Alvin went after work and he was able to give again this year.
Thursday evening Avari had basketball practice, so the kids and I headed in to the YMCA.
After practice we went to my parents' house because Owen hadn't seen Katie and Adam yet, and he was really anxious to see them.
Friday, Katie and Adam came up again for lunch. While they were there I found out that school was being released 1 hour early because of the snow we were suppose to get. Katie and Adam said that they would pick up Owen and Adi, which Owen and Adi were really happy about. After they got the kids they brought the dogs up to run with Sadie again, and to play with the kids.
Saturday morning, Avari had another basketball game. After basketball the girls went to Jasper. Adam, Alvin, Owen, and Easton went back to our house. While there, they ate pizza, and played with Legos, military toys, and the farm sets. Since the Wickizer aren't going to be home for Avari's birthday, Katie asked Avari she wanted to get her nails painted as part of her gift, and if she wanted Adi and Kenley to go along. Of course she was all for it and really excited. We decided to make it a girl's day, as Emily, mom, and I went along. Avari chose to eat lunch at Pizza Hut. Then we went to Walmart, where the girls got their nails painted. Katie also let Avari pick out a shirt and a toy. She chose the little Anna and Elsa dolls. This is no big surprise to anyone that knows her because she LOVE the movie Frozen! She has said several times that that day "was the best day ever"! Glad she enjoyed herself.
Avari with her Godmother, Katie.
HAPPY 2nd BIRTHDAY BRYCE!
Ann, Duane, & Bryce
Bryce with his Godparents
Sunday, after church and Sunday school, we went to Ponderosa with my parents. After we ate, we went to Evansville. I needed to get some things for Avari's birthday party yet, so I was hoping to find them at the party supply stores in Evansville. We spent Sunday evening at home, getting things ready for school, and the week.




No comments:
Post a Comment