Friday, May 24, 2013

A Week of Lasts and Firsts

This week was full of some firsts and lasts.
The week started with Owen's last three days of Kindergarten.
On Monday, the school held a Walk-A-Thon.  Owen said that they walked around the cemetery three different times through our the day.  Sound like it was a good thing they walked because Owen said Mrs. Lindauer gave them a big donut, a cupcake, a cookie, and pudding.  He said that they spelled out words in the pudding and then got to eat it.
Tuesday, was Move-Up Day, so the kids found out how their teacher is going to be next year.  They get to go to the teacher's room to check it out, and meet the teacher.  Owen will have Mr. Hall next year.  Apparently, that's who a lot of the kids wanted.  The reason....for the girls, it was because he has animals in his room....for the boys, it was because he was a boy teacher, and has animals in his rooms.  Haha  He has turtles and frogs, or something along that line.  Unfortunately, Owen and Addison will not be in the same class next year because Adi will have Mrs. Wollenmann.  While I liked that they were in the same class, I'm sure they will do just fine  being in separate classes (it might even be good for them).  Owen was a little disappointed that none of his friends from Mrs. Lindauer's class will be in Mr. Hall's class, but he does know some of the boys that will be in Mr. Hall's class, so I'm sure he will be fine.  I was actually surprised that only Owen and one other boy from Mrs. Lindauer's class will be in Mr. Hall's class.
Wednesday was Owen's last day of school, and they had Field Day.  Owen was really excited about this!  He had a lot of fun.  They played a bunch of different games outside, in the morning.  In the afternoon, they had a Variety Show, ate cupcakes, and sang "Happy Retirement" to Mr. Begle.
Owen is excited to officially be a 1st grader.  I know that he will miss having Mrs. Lindauer as a teacher though.  He really liked her, and actually told me that he wishes she could be his teacher in every grade. : )
I, on the other hand, can't believe that he is done with Kindergarten already!  On the first day of school, May 22 seemed so far away, but when the last day of school actually came, I couldn't believe how fast the school year had gone!
Owen had a great year, and he has learned so much.  We are amazed by how much he has grown and learn in just kindergarten.  We hope that he does just as well in 1st grade.
Owen's last day of Kindergarten :)

Now onto some firsts.
Thursday, we made our first trip to Holiday World this summer.  Alvin got a season pass this year too, so after he finished mowing the yard, he met the kids and me there.  I didn't bring my camera along because I already have pictures of kids on rides from other years...boy did I make a mistake!  This trip was full of all kinds of firsts!  Avari rode the Revolution for the first time (she was finally tall enough).  She actually rode it two times in a row!  She also rode the Reindeer Games ride for the first time because she was tall enough.  I don't know how many times she rode that ride, but it was a lot.  Easton got to ride the Eagles Flight for the first time, and he loved it.  Too bad he probably won't be able to ride it again for awhile.  I think he was actually a hair too short for it, but the worker let him ride anyways.  I got Owen to go on his first roller coaster ride too.  We were going to ride the Raven, but had rained, so it was temporarily closed.  We rode the Legend, instead.  It's a jerky ride, so I had my arm around his head for most of the ride.  From he facial expression, I thought he was going to tell me he hated it, when the ride was over.  I was wrong...he said it was a lot of fun!
Since I forgot my camera, the pictures I got were the ones that Emily took with her phone.  Learned my listen...I will be taking my camera along from now on. :)
Adi, Owen, and Avari on the Revolution
Avari on Reindeer Games

No comments:

Post a Comment