Saturday, November 26, 2011

Sometimes Life Gets In The Way...

Once again, I'm slacking on updating blog, but as the title says...sometimes life gets in the way, and in this case, kids too.  Between the things we have going on, and taking care of the kids, I haven't had a lot of time to post.  So, here is a recap of the last couple of weekends.

Friday, Nov. 11, Emily took off work.  She helped out at preschool, which meant I didn't have to pick up Owen and Addison.  Instead, she took them to her house, and I came in with Avari, Easton, and Kenley.  I helped her straighten up the house to get ready for the belated Halloween party they were hosting on Saturday.
Saturday morning, Nov. 12, Owen had another soccer game.  Saturday afternoon and evening, we had the Hartings Family Halloween party (a little late).  Although not very many people were able to make it, it was still fun, and great to see the kids in their costumes. 
Sunday, Nov. 13, after church, we went the The Great Wall with Alvin's family.  His mom's birthday was Nov. 19 so we went out to eat to celebrate her birthday.  After we ate we made a stop at Kmart and Rural King, before heading home.
Avari wanted to hold Easton!
This doesn't happen very often!
Petting Leila...he thought she was so neat!
Sporting their Puma wear.
It just so happened that Owen's fit him from last year, Avari had a shirt, and Easton fit into the one that used to be Kaden's!  I just had to use it as a picture opportunity!
Avari helping me make the taco soup for the Halloween party.
Ethan (chicken), Gavin (Wolverine) Addison (Spider-girl), Owen (cheeseburger), Avari (ice cream cone), Easton (hot dog), Kenley (lady bug)
Gavin and Easton
~Girls of the 80's~
Me, April, Emily
Avari, Owen, Lance, and Kennedy looking at the fish at The Great Wall.

*********************************************************

Friday, Nov. 18, Alvin took off work.  His mom had to have a hysterectomy on Wednesday, and it didn't go as planned, so instead of coming home on Thursday, she had to stay a little longer.  Friday afternoon, we dropped Addison and Kenley off at April's house, and we headed to Louisville to visit Alvin's mom.  With the bridge being out, it was quite the experience.  Luckily we had our Garmin and Nettie's directions, so we were able to make it to the hospital without any major problems.  Shortly after we got to her room, the doctor came in, and told her that if she wanted to go home, she could.  Of course, she said that she wanted to, so we stayed, and waited for the nurses to do everything they had to do so she could be discharged.  We all now, how busy nurses are, and that it can take awhile for them to get a patient discharged, well when you have three kids that are getting hungry and tired, it seems like it takes 3x longer!!  Finally, about three hours after we got there, we were ready to head for home.  Luckily, we were able to find a McDonald's really close by, and feed the kids before they fell asleep.  They ate, and fell asleep within a few minutes after we left.

Saturday morning, Nov. 19, Owen had his last soccer game.  This is always a special game because the players get to ask someone to play with them.  Of course, Owen choose Alvin! :)  After the game, the players received a medal from their coaches for playing.  After the game, Alvin dropped Avari and me off at the Schipp's house so that we could go to the Christkindlemarkt with Emily and Adi.  While we were there, the boys went out to Alvin's parents' house to see how Doretha was doing, and if she needed anything.  That evening, I dropped the kids off at my parents' house while I went to a benefit dinner for a guy I went to school with.  He died unexpectedly of a major heart attack, so some of his family and friends, held a benefit to help pay for medical and funeral expenses.  Emily, Adam, Shalyn, and Brent also went.  Alvin had to work, so he could go along.  It was a good time, and they seemed to have had a good turnout.

Sunday, Nov. 20, we went to church and Sunday school.  That afternoon, Alvin, Owen, and my dad went to the toy farm machinery show at the 4-H Fairgrounds.  Avari, Easton, and I hung out at my parents' house, with mom, Adi, and Kenley (who were there while Emily and Adam did some early Christmas shopping).  Owen told us that the toy farm show was for boys only, so we couldn't go!  I'm thinking that I need to start going along though....Every year he seems to come home with a toy tractor.  The problem is that they always seem to be Allis Chalmers, and never Massey Fergusons!!  I told dad that if he doesn't start doing his job, then I was going to have to go along to make sure he gets some red tractors!! :-)
Owen receiving his medal from Emily and I.
Avari at the Christkindlemarkt.
Easton - our smiley guy
~COUSINS~
On Sunday, mom gave Avari a cookie.  I left for about 2 minutes.  When I came back this is what I found! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment