Sept. 23 - Sept. 25
Friday, Sept. 23, the Joneses, the Schipps, and Brooke and Lily came over to our house. The kids had fun playing while us girls talked, and Adam and Thad watched TV.
Saturday, Sept. 24, Emily and I took Adi and Owen shopping in Evansville. All the kids needed some Fall/Winter clothes, but Owen and Adi are growing out of the toddler clothes (2T-5T) and into the little kids clothes. Since Owen is so tall, I took him along to see if he needed size 4, 5, or 6 clothes. I didn't know how well it would go because the last time I took him, we didn't even make it out of one store, and he was already done with shopping! Plus, when I told him that he was going with me, so he could try on clothes his response was "Umm, no mom, that's not how it works! You go to the store and buy me clothes to try on. Then if they don't fit, you return them." Haha After I explained to him that they actually have dressing rooms in the stores, so we don't have to do that, he seemed ok with going. He did great, and was very cooperative. To be honest, I was really surprised with how well he did, so I let him pick out one toy from Target. After about 10 minutes of trying to decide (not joking), he finally choose the Iron Man hand light.
While Owen and I were shopping, Alvin got to spend some time with just Avari and Easton...and since Easton still sleeps quite a bit through the day, Avari got some one-on-one time with daddy. Alvin said they watched movies, and played games almost all day long. It sounded like everyone had a good day!
Sunday afternoon, Alvin's family (minus Ann) came over to finalize plans for Ann's baby shower (reason why Ann wasn't there :)). After we were done, they stayed for awhile visiting. The kids had a lot of fun playing together.
Avari and Kennedy feeding their baby dolls.
Friday evening, my parents watched the kids, while I ran to Walmart. I had to doing the grocery shopping, but mainly needed to get a present for a birthday party on Saturday (I know...nothing like waiting until the last minute, right?!?).
Saturday afternoon/evening, the kids and I went to Bryce's 1st birthday party (my cousin, Janelle's youngest). Alvin had to work that night, so he couldn't go. The kids had a lot of fun running around in the gym, playing with their cousins, and decorating pumpkins. After we left the party, we went back to my parents' house for a little while.
HAPPY 1st BIRTHDAY BRYCE!!
Big brother, Chase, helping his little brother. :)
Owen and Avari decorating their pumpkins.
Most of the kids (and some parents) decorating pumpkins.
Sunday morning, Owen and Avari went to their first Sunday School class, while Easton and I went to church. St. Ferdinand, just started the Sunday School program again for preschool-ages children. Although Avari doesn't start preschool until next year, she was able to go since she is potty trained. She was so excited to be able to go to school with Owen. They colored a picture of a tree with leaves falling off it, and a pumpkin in the grass. The saying on the paper said "Thank you God for Fall." I don't really know what else they did because Avari's too little to remember every thing, and Owen's a boy, which I'm finding out means that it's very hard to get anything out of him, concerning things he did in school. :) I do know that the both had a lot of fun, and are ready to go back next Sunday!
After church, we woke Alvin up, and went to Denny's for lunch. Then Alvin went to the farm, and the kids took naps. Later that afternoon, Kevin dropped Kennedy and Kaden at our house. He had to go to work and Homestead Pizza, and Kristin had a booth set up at the St. Meinrad craft show, so I watch the kids until she was done. For those of you that don't already know, Kristin makes hair bows, hair bow holders, and sock hats. They are all really cute, and can be seen being worn by my kids! :) When she came to get the kids, she ended up staying most of the evening because we were talking and the kids were playing. Everyone seemed to enjoy themselves.
Preschool Update
Owen is still really enjoying preschool. Four out of the five boys in Owen's class were together last year also, so Owen's knows most of them. He plays with Ben Ebert a lot, which is who he played with most of the time last year. They are both little farm boys, and like to play with tractors. The past two weeks, they practiced the letter Bb, and the number 1, traced and colored circles, and learned the color blue again. Tuesday, Sept. 27, was Picture Day. I'm anxious to see how Owen's picture turned out! With him, you never know if he's going to smile, or what kind of smile he is going to give you. :)
Some random pictures taken during the last couple of weeks:
Easton LOVES to sit up!
A very rare moment...Avari and Kenley sitting together nice and quietly!
Is the weather hot or cold? I'm confused!
Do you think this fashion statement will catch on? :)
Watching a movie together.
(Carter and Mason are the kids in the background, if anyone was wondering.)
That should have me caught up again. Let's see how long that lasts. :)




No comments:
Post a Comment